Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #29

There's no doubt that we're experiencing "global warming", but manmade!!!! I'll wave the Flag on that as well. The planet has gone through many heating/cooling cycles, and will continue. Should we do what we can to preserve our home (earth).....Yes, within reason! But, should we devolve back to the stoneage, while other countries have no regard for their pollution....I think not!
I recycle, have converted to led lighting, and support many of the EPA/Govt rules enacted since the sixties. But, the insanity of recent years did not benefit us as a country.
So, work hard, and be environmentally conscientious, but.....play hard, you earned it!

[Mod Edited]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #30

What insanity?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #31
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I will not stop. Compared to what is going on, me quitting would be like throwing a sponge at a tsunami.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
What part did you take as a joke?
No joke intended. We are being told that we are harming the planet with our excessive use of fossil fuels. Do you really think that there wouldn't be a cheer go up in certain quarters if everyone quit driving, flying etc?
Surely you see the concerted effort to keep us out of national forests and restrict motorcycle usage in these areas. Outboards are bad. Hang gliders are bad. Weed eaters are unnecessary. The list goes on.
Surely you are not serious that you don't see the issue.
Harley, no disrespect but your first comment, We are being told, says it all. This is the modern day version of the sky is falling, nuclear holocast, W2K, etc that has kept mankind in fear of his demise for a thousand years. Mr Gore made a boatload of money from this hoax and now every government agency across the globe and even major corporations are on this bandwagon picking your pocket and convincing the population we are all doomed while they are cashing in.
I'm all for clean burning, low emmisons, efficient use of energy but CO2 is NOT emissions. Without CO2 we would have no plants, we die......
This whole thing makes me sick. I cannot believe we as an educated society are gullible enough to buy into this nonsense. My only salvation is that I'm old and it's not going to make a huge difference in my life but my grandchildren will be the ones who will pay the price for this nonsense.

My apologies to the moderators. I did my best to avoid this post. This subject should have been removed from the start.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #33

Dennis, it's all about free speech. And so far everyone is on the same page. The only real thing we should be worried about is what we are throwing out and where. That's where the real problems exist. We try to recycle​everything we can. That's where it will matter the most in my opinion. Yes I try to keep the lights off when not needed and all that, but I don't buy into the global warming jazz. Our winter's get warmer and they get colder.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #34

Apparently some "have not" worked in the oil and gas sector and watched regulations increase, cost in equipment/engineering to meet these regulations grow, cost to the producers by having to hire "many" more persons to meet the required paperwork involved, the labor cost increased to monitor/control those regulations, and passing these expenses to the consumer. Many have downsized in the USA,taking jobs elsewhere. All of this for minimal positive impact on the environment.
And.... This is just the oil/gas sector. Then there is the coal industry, the trucking industry (diesel fuel [ultra low sulfur] DEF [fuel additive], and increased engine controls[egr,particulate filters, reburn systems]), the engineering/manufacturing cost for the engine builders.... the costs of which are passed to the consumerf. Then the small businesses that failed (because of the aforementioned costs of meeting those regulations). These are but a few examples!
No one in their right mind wants to harm the environment, but.... The regulations that evolved from the 60's thru 2000 were extremely successful while allowing industry (and Americans in general) to flourish. Our air and water are immensely cleaner than they were in the sixties, while we have more vehicles, industry, and much larger population!

So.... Can we "really" justify many of these regulations that harms America, while other nations have "zero" controls in place. All of this for results that are unproven (stopping global temperature increases)! I think not!!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #35

Quote:
I wonder how many of our members are going to quit RV'ing because they feel that they are harming the environment by burning gas or diesel fuel.

Is our lifestyle incompatible with a clean planet? Are we really " bad people" because we use more than our share of fuel?

I have read articles recently where we are encouraged to live in tiny houses, grow our own vegetables and ride a bicycle. Not sure if I can do that.

One " do gooder" traveling to a climate change meeting burns more jet fuel in ONE flight than any of us will use in a lifetime. Multiply that by the hundreds or thousands of attendees.

Will be very interested in your opinions.

Not a chance in heck! There is more to environmentalists than gas/diesel trucks.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmech View Post
I work at an fbo at a reginal airport. I won't bore you with what goes in and out but I can tell you it's very surprising sometimes to see how much jet fuel it takes to move just 1 person half way across the country. I might use as much fuel in my life as one of those flight's. So do I feel bad about my old oil burner, not a chance when I KNOW how much fuel is being burned in the sky's every hour.
I heard 7 large trains could cross the country for the fuel in 1 747 crossing
Old 06-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #37

We'll all be electric soon enough so in the meanwhile, burn it up!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #38

And where does the electric come from, nuclear is a radioactive issue for the environmentalist as well (pun intended), solar is becoming marginally effective, but still requires massive battery banks to store power for when the sun is not shining, and all chemical battery technologies are made of things are are very nasty to the environment.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #39

Your kidding right? I don't consider that my rig damages any environment unless I hange it up in soft sand. Then I do disturbed the sand[emoji2] Everything else I'd [moderator edit] folks!
Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #40

Quote:
What part did you take as a joke?

No joke intended. We are being told that we are harming the planet with our excessive use of fossil fuels. Do you really think that there wouldn't be a cheer go up in certain quarters if everyone quit driving, flying etc?

Surely you see the concerted effort to keep us out of national forests and restrict motorcycle usage in these areas. Outboards are bad. Hang gliders are bad. Weed eaters are unnecessary. The list goes on.

Surely you are not serious that you don't see the issue.

Do you really believe all this crap? These are environmental Terrorists . Don't pay attention to them. We harm nothing by being RVers!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #41

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am a conservationist. That makes me a combination think of reality based moderate environmentalism combined with just enough capitalism to understand that everything also has some kind of monetary value.

Nuclear energy generation is fine. France has been pretty successful, as other countries have also been, with atomic power plants.

I will not delete my diesel pickup. I drive it in a manner that tries to be as efficient with fuel as I can be at the moment. The environmental controls work well.

Human caused accelerated climate change has been proven. The consensus is overwhelming, and there does not appear to be any conspiracy when the data trends are pretty obvious. Data trends have no bias.If someone here with a Master's it higher in a related field to climate science wishes to show their refutation of the data trends, I'd like to see it. Really. Not a bunch of whining about environmentalists, but long term data trends that prove that the vast majority of climate science is wrong.

Also, any evidence that environmentalists are automatically terrorists would be interesting, too.

I grew up in Southern California. I like clean air. I didn't always have that option as a child. I have asthma. I need clean air. Sometimes I could see with my own eyes what was trying to kill me.

I'm not perfect. I don't expect everyone else to be perfect either. I would like a little less "head-in-the-sand", and/or "I got mine, the rest of you just get to suffer" attitude.

I would really like a lot more "leaving this place better for future generations". There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Respectful disagreement is always welcome. Disrespectful disagreement will always say nothing about me, and everything about you.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I am a conservationist. That makes me a combination think of reality based moderate environmentalism combined with just enough capitalism to understand that everything also has some kind of monetary value.

Nuclear energy generation is fine. France has been pretty successful, as other countries have also been, with atomic power plants.

I will not delete my diesel pickup. I drive it in a manner that tries to be as efficient with fuel as I can be at the moment. The environmental controls work well.

Human caused accelerated climate change has been proven. The consensus is overwhelming, and there does not appear to be any conspiracy when the data trends are pretty obvious. Data trends have no bias.If someone here with a Master's it higher in a related field to climate science wishes to show their refutation of the data trends, I'd like to see it. Really. Not a bunch of whining about environmentalists, but long term data trends that prove that the vast majority of climate science is wrong.

Also, any evidence that environmentalists are automatically terrorists would be interesting, too.

I grew up in Southern California. I like clean air. I didn't always have that option as a child. I have asthma. I need clean air. Sometimes I could see with my own eyes what was trying to kill me.

I'm not perfect. I don't expect everyone else to be perfect either. I would like a little less "head-in-the-sand", and/or "I got mine, the rest of you just get to suffer" attitude.

I would really like a lot more "leaving this place better for future generations". There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Respectful disagreement is always welcome. Disrespectful disagreement will always say nothing about me, and everything about you.

Thanks for listening.
Ditto
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel