Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #1

Comments Regarding Curt WD Hitch

I'm looking at purchasing the CURT 17500 TruTrack Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch with Active Sway Control for my towing needs and looking to see if there are any feedback or comments about this hitch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O46ZO02...I2A7DH5OLX3LKT

I'll be towing a Keystone Bullet 26RBPR, with a hitch weight of 715lbs.

Thanks,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
This is a knock off of the Equal-I-Zer. So it should work well. But it is made in China using steel from there. I would look at the Equal-I-Zer. The hitch is not the place to save $100.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M. View Post
This is a knock off of the Equal-I-Zer. So it should work well. But it is made in China using steel from there. I would look at the Equal-I-Zer. The hitch is not the place to save $100.

Don't care about either, but talked with a guy tonight in my hotel in McAllen Texas that claimes he supports hitch manufacturing for Curt and Reese right here in Reynosa Mexico. His golf shirt showed both brands and he claimed he was here supporting the mfg process for both. He also had a few other brands on his shirt, but don't remember them. I'll see him tomorrow and pay more attention.

It appears to be like the cordless power tool industry. Believe it or not, most are made in the same factory right here in Mexico, and I talk to
Folks from the company every week.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

Thanks for all your feedback, it was appreciated. Based upon feedback I received here and at the dealer I decided against the Curt. Instead, I went with the Eaz Lift Elite 10000; the dealer had it in stock and recommended it.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #5

Equal-I-Zer is the # 1 brand for a reason. Don't believe you dealer most of the time. I wonder why a dealer would recommend what he has in stock rather than suggesting a better alternative.
Good luck.