Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I went and tried out a crew cab Chevy today and make sure it would fit in the garage. I have to make a trurn to get it and only have nine foot door width. With the towing mirrors it is tight but I can do it. There is a $1500 in the price difference of the two trucks. They both have the same options and color. He has made me a very good deal trading my truck and will even take off the hitch and extra fuel tank. If not too hard they will try to hook up the fuel tank. What truck should I get the crew cab or the ext cab??
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I went and tried out a crew cab Chevy today and make sure it would fit in the garage. I have to make a trurn to get it and only have nine foot door width. With the towing mirrors it is tight but I can do it. There is a $1500 in the price difference of the two trucks. They both have the same options and color. He has made me a very good deal trading my truck and will even take off the hitch and extra fuel tank. If not too hard they will try to hook up the fuel tank. What truck should I get the crew cab or the ext cab??
Tom
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #3

If you don't have passengers in the rear seat very often, go for the ext cab.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #4

my kids are grown up now and we have a crewcab..
and i would not want anything else, the xtra space will come in handy... we bring a cooler along in the truck that sits on the back seat,
our maps all sit back there, one dog sits anywhere she wants but she is not big enough
to take alot of room its my chihuahua
Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 AM   #5

Back in the early 90's I bought my first crew cab as I had three kids at home. My dad told me I should have got an extra cab as that would have been big enough.

Let my dad barrow my crew cab for a week one time shortly there after. He with in a month traded his extra cab for a crew cab, he had no kids at home.

When I got my last truck all my kids had left home. I did not even loook at an extra cab. It's a crew cab. As long as I own a truck it will be a crew cab.

There are many advantages to the crew cab. Doors open the correct way in the back. Easier to get stuff in and out of the back. Easier if we go some where with another couple. Eaiser for the dog. Love the extra room. The longer the wheel base the better the ride, especially with a RV hitched up.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What truck should I get the crew cab or the ext cab? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom if it'll fit in the garage, get the crew cab. You'll never regret it.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I have had extended cab and crew cab. A crew cab is a must for us as we have 4 kids, but on the rare occassion we get away without the kids, the extra space of the crew cab is nice. Even if you have rear seat passengers only occassionaly, you and they will appreciate the extra leg room.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 AM   #8

CREW

Ralph
RSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What truck should I get the crew cab or the ext cab? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom if it'll fit in the garage, get the crew cab. You'll never regret it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep if it will fit you will never regret teh extra space
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I got the crew cab. Pick it up next week. The only problem I got is the Transflow fuel tank has got to have a different processor and not sure when it will be in. I will have to pay to have the hitch installed but the dealer is going to take it out of the truck for me. They are even going to loan me something to drive while all the changing is being done. I would like a new Buick so Dianne and I could go to the west coast in it.
Tom
Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Tom,

Congratulations on the new ride!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #12

So glad to hear you got the Crew Cab. The pillar between the doors make this cab far stronger and less prone to rattles and dust leaks. The back doors on a crew cab are much more user friendly than the clam shell doors on an extended cab. Dodge has the best extended cab on the market because it has crew cab doors and now with the mega cab, they also have a true Crew Cab. Enjoy.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #13

I think you made the right choice. I bought the extended cab & can't tell you how many times I wish I had the crew. I don't even have kids I haul around! It just seems there are many times the crew would be nice.

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote