Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
We got a truck. It's a 2014 F250 diesel Lariat.

It may drive the weight police crazy...but I think it'll do just fine. It's a short bed, 6 1/2 I think, so I may drop a PullRite Super Slider in...will measure when I pick it up...Friday I think.
Congrads on your truck !!! I think you'll love it ! A slider is not a bad idea,,, but our 16 Cougar has the "max turn" nose, so we have plenty of room in our 6'4" bed with non slider hitch... Personally, unless its a emergency, I will never turn 80-90 degree turns... Watch those trailer tires and see what stress they are going through in a tight turn....

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #16

well, there is little doubt you are over the payload of the truck, as you cant steal payload deficiency from the CGVWR. Most 2500's run into this issue it seems (which is why I went with a 3500 srw)...but I see a lot of them out there towing toy haulers bigger than mine (3300 pin, 16500 loaded) and they seem to do fine. Good luck and have fun out there

Also, the pullrite is a great hitch. I would have gotten that if they offered an OEM puck mount for RAM. For my Ram (which I think has a 2 inch shorter bed than you), I definitely need a slider (or in my case a B&W with a sidewinder pinbox) as there have been numerous times I have been at 80-90 degrees and would have hit otherwise.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
well, there is little doubt you are over the payload of the truck, as you cant steal payload deficiency from the CGVWR. Most 2500's run into this issue it seems (which is why I went with a 3500 srw)...but I see a lot of them out there towing toy haulers bigger than mine (3300 pin, 16500 loaded) and they seem to do fine. Good luck and have fun out there

Also, the pullrite is a great hitch. I would have gotten that if they offered an OEM puck mount for RAM. For my Ram (which I think has a 2 inch shorter bed than you), I definitely need a slider (or in my case a B&W with a sidewinder pinbox) as there have been numerous times I have been at 80-90 degrees and would have hit otherwise.
Actually, I am well within "Payload" of my truck... My "Pin" weight is 1760 lbs... There is a difference between Payload (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and Gross Vehicle Combined Weight... (could be the only difference is the rear springs in your srw 3500) I NEVER suggest pushing weight limits on anything.....

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade