Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #85

My problem as a newbie is when i type in find a disel gas station on rt ?? Near my location, and it brings me to sites i have to signup for or places far away even if i say south rt etc, any advice?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #86

Finding Diesel fuel on route

I have found an app "Truck and RV Fuel Stations" that helps with this problem. It does not show all stations, only the ones that have clear access for big rigs. There are others depending on the type of phone or tablet you have.

APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #87

Here in North Louisiana the truck stops will charge as much as 30 to 35 cents more a gallon (not all but most). So we look for non truck-stop stations that have separate diesel pumps with tall overheads and good prices.

We have also tried the Gas Buddy app. It works O.K. but I am looking for a better one. Recently I passed up two stations selling diesel at $2.02 a gallon to buy a Gas Buddy recommended $2.16. I didn't notice the $2.02 stations until we were filled up and heading back to the interstate. Gas Buddy did not notice them at all.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #88
RVM1

Grizzly_B
Gas Buddy works via price reporting by its members. Give em some help.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:06 AM   #89

Gas Buddy is user driven. If you see stations not reported add them in.
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnails52 View Post
My problem as a newbie is when i type in find a disel gas station on rt ?? Near my location, and it brings me to sites i have to signup for or places far away even if i say south rt etc, any advice?
When we were towing and had a (comparatively) small tank, our mantra was 1/2 is empty - still is to this day

This way you have lots of options on where to get fuel.

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
our mantra was 1/2 is empty - still is to this day
This is great advice!
chertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #92

28 ft TT plus Ram Quad cab pickup. Use Google Maps and look ahead at several different exits and check out how the pumps are oriented to the road and general room. Some stations just do not have the room for my combination and I do not like having to back out of a fuel stop.

Otherwise, if I see an exit with at least two and preferably three or four diesel sellers...chances are good that at least one will have the room.

I will take ease of getting in and out over price anyway. I know how far I can go on a tank and can pretty well determine close to where my next fuel stop will be.

Mcsap9213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel