Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #15

Yes, I do the same thing. Keep it around 50-60 mph (conditions allowing ) and towing with both the 2500 and the 3500 the results I stated are the same. I'm very easy on my trucks, and having worked on diesels and also a Cummins tech for well over 37 years I think when I tell the truth about my experience towing with the new Ram, at least somebody might listen to reason. I could care less what all the pros behind the keyboards claim on TDR. I don't listen to most of the garbage I hear on those forums, or the internet. I don't really care what you think, and for you to tell a person that it's OK to overload his vehicle is one reason I don't listen to most of the dribble coming off someone's keyboard. Now go to TDR and ask those fine folks to tell the real truth about the way there trucks REALLY OPERATE. I pull this 17,500 lb trailer all over this country in all weather and conditions fulltime. I know what these trucks are capable of, and I hope the OP will listen to experience pertaining to the 14 and 15 Rams.

Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #16

Actually the 3500 SRW and DRW trucks are the same from 13 and up.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #17

I will say my new 3500 with the Aisin trans, and 4.10's is so much nicer to tow with. The transmission is not even a factor anymore. Ram has dialed it in. I pulled White Bird pass in Idaho today at 45 mph, and the trans never got above 167 deg, the oil temp got up to 240 for a bit, but then back under 230 deg. The coolant temp can get up to 227deg for a bit then cools down to 187 when the fan kicks in. Ambient temp was 89 deg F. It's a totally different beast than the 2500 I was pulling with. Granted it does have a little more hp and tq.
I know I'm glad I upgraded to this truck
Makes my day Waaaay less stressful.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmoeturhead View Post
I will say my new 3500 with the Aisin trans, and 4.10's is so much nicer to tow with. The transmission is not even a factor anymore. Ram has dialed it in. I pulled White Bird pass in Idaho today at 45 mph, and the trans never got above 167 deg, the oil temp got up to 240 for a bit, but then back under 230 deg. The coolant temp can get up to 227deg for a bit then cools down to 187 when the fan kicks in. Ambient temp was 89 deg F. It's a totally different beast than the 2500 I was pulling with. Granted it does have a little more hp and tq.
I know I'm glad I upgraded to this truck
Makes my day Waaaay less stressful.
My truck is outfitted just like yours. When I turn the exhaust brake on and I'm cruising around Fort Worth, it almost comes to a halt the second I let off the accelerator pedal. I can't wait to see how it does with a 20,000 lb. trailer attached while going down I-70 out of the Eisenhower tunnel.

Tags
dodge, tow, towing