Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #15

If you already have a set of hedders on I would do your cat back.

You would be shocked at the differance you will notice.

On the dyno on my own truck we did see a big diff and was close to what magnaflow had posted. I was also shocked.

And if I were you buy a programmer for your truck or get it tuned on hp tuners this will help with the added mods you have done.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, I guess I'm not all there tonight lol.

I forgot to mention I have a K&N CAI sitting in the backseat right now, and a Superchips 3865 on backorder. We had a tad bit more money come in this month than expected, so we treated ourselves a bit. Plus new carpet for the TT, which I will be installing sooner or later.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
One point not mentioned that I've seen addressed on other forums about dual exhaust systems that exit out the rear of the truck vs out the side is the additional noise level when towing a trailer. The trailer is a wall right behind the exhaust and will cause the exhaust sounds to echo and bounce off it back at the truck. People who have use rear exit exhaust have noticed an increase in noise level inside truck when towing. So if you want to tow all day with a constant noise/drown level increase in your truck go ahead.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
One point not mentioned that I've seen addressed on other forums about dual exhaust systems that exit out the rear of the truck vs out the side is the additional noise level when towing a trailer. The trailer is a wall right behind the exhaust and will cause the exhaust sounds to echo and bounce off it back at the truck. People who have use rear exit exhaust have noticed an increase in noise level inside truck when towing. So if you want to tow all day with a constant noise/drown level increase in your truck go ahead.
I had an MBRP dual out and the resonation was deafening. I hated it. Sounded great unloaded but when we were towing the kids and wife all had their headphones in so they didn't have to listen to it.
smurfsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #19

Well even better with the K&N intake.

If I were you I would not install the super chip. They have less than Steller improvements. For the money look into bully dog or edge products for tuning or as I stated go with a shop that can run with hp tuners. It may cost a bit more but you will really get the gains you are looking for. Trust me on this.

Nice thing with doing a tune such as hp tuners if the guy running the dyno knows what he is doing he can set it up to do simulation runs. On the mustang dyno I was on the guy there set up my truck for more of a towing tune vs all out power. But at the end of the day I end up with the best of both worlds.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the heads up on the noise level. I didn't even think of that. We will be doing quite a bit of traveling during the summer
Old 02-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Just have the pipes bent to dump the exhaust out behind the rear tire and you won't have the noise issues.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thinking of possibly going for 45 degree, then. I prefer straight out the back, but 45 isn't too bad of a look.

Tags
towing