Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
DEW

I heard that Chevrolet is extending the 5 year 100K warranty on the injectors, since some have cracked. Anyone know about this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
DEW

I heard that Chevrolet is extending the 5 year 100K warranty on the injectors, since some have cracked. Anyone know about this?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I received an extension letter on my 2002 that said it was for 7 years or 200,000 miles I believe, which ever came first. Haven't needed it yet, knock on wood.

I am going to add a shortcut on your post to the 5th wheel and tt towing forum for some added exposure to your question.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #4

There is a lot of information on this topic on DieselPlace.com website. You can do a search on it there and get many of the particulars.

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #5

All 8 injectors on my 2002 Duramax Chevy had to be replaced at 42,000 miles. Chevy extended my warranty on the motor to 200,000 miles.

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
baddwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #6

That extended warranty is only applicapable to early 2004 and prior year Duramax engines. Go to myGMlink.com, register your vehicle, and you will receive any/all recall information for your vehicle, accessibility to TSB,s and many other great features.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
My '01 just started emitting a white/gray smoke, most noticeable while idling, but not all the time. Could this indicate an emerging injector problem? I bought it in March '01 so 7 years is fast approaching.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #8

You will find detailed information on the injector issue at: dieselplace.com. Rick, usually white smoke indicates unburned fuel. This often happens in cold weather operation. First try using Stanadyne performance formula to clean your engine fuel system/injectors. Watch the oil level for higher levels on the dip (cable)stick.
If you think you may have faulty injector(s) have a GMC/Chevy dealer check things out. That way you at least have a complaint on record while the extended warranty (7 yrs/200K miles)is valid. If you have a Duramax covered by that extended warranty you should have/will have a verification letter from GM if you register your truck on the "mygmlink.com" website.
If a GM dealer tries to put you off, just phone the GM customer service phone # in your owners manual. I did and they were eager to help with my problem, even paid half of the bill since I was 2 months past the warranty period.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks, Ray. I will research and let you know how I make out.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have had two Duramax a 03 and now a 06 and never had any problems. I change the fuel filter ever 10K miles.
Tom
Old 02-09-2008, 03:49 AM   #11

Yes, GM does have a special policy for replacement of the injectors on the LB7 Duramax engine (VIN code "1"). It covers the repair for 7 years or 200,000 miles whichever comes first. Ray,IN hit the nail on the head and has explained it quite well.

One of the telltale signs of cracked injectors is fuel in the crankcase. The others include check engine light on, poor driveability, lack of power under load and in some cases a no-start.

If you think you have an injector issue I'd recommend you have your local Chevy or GMC dealer check it out.