Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Firestone AT vs. Bridgestone Dueler 2

Looking for folks that have ran either of these brand tires. I am leaning towards the Duelers but I want real folks reviews. I don't trust the manufacture review boards.

I drive my truck pretty much to tow my TT and to surf fish. But if the Cj goes down in the winter I use it around town to play in the snow and mud as well. The reviews I have read state the Dueler is better all around in the sand, snow, much and ice.

I've read that many don't even air down while surf fishing in soft sand conditions. I find this hard to believe.

So tell me your war stories on these tires. Yea or Nah...

poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #2

Why are you limited to these two?
No specific issue with either one, but I've had great results from other tires.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Well just the two I like. I checked others as well. I started off with the reviews from Tirerack and went from there. Ended up with these two. Please good price...
Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Bridgestone bought Firestone several years ago when Firestone value dropped because of a huge problem with original equipment tires on Ford Explorers. So Firestone and Bridgestone are both made by the same company in the same plants. Tires with either name can be identical, although Bridgestone specializes in truck tires while Firestone leans more towards car tires. They both make LT and P-series tires. So the exact tread would be the only difference between a Firestone and a Bridgestone of the same construction.

I have P-series Dueler H/L Alenzas on my pickup, and they are fine. Not cheap at over $200 each. If you can find a store that carries both brands, then observe the tread differences, and you may find no difference in some but huge differences in others. My Duelers are A/S (all season) tread, but they also make several different A/S treads. According to the catalog, even the Dueler A/Ts have all-season treads, so look critically at each different Dueler name to decide exactly which one you want. The Dueler website might give you some info, but the only real test is several thousand miles under different real-world conditions.

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/catal...&submit=Apply+
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
No one else is running these two brands???
Old 04-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #6

I am about to replace my Bridgestones for the second time. I put them on when my 07 Silverado 2500 HD was new, and went with a stiffer sidewall because I was hauling a heavy truck camper. I got 45000 put of those, mostly highway but one trip hunting in Montanna and lots of woods roads too. This set has lasted 42000 miles, another trip to Montana, lots of hauling firewood and just regular highway miles.
The truck camper is gone so I will replace with original size, but the same tire for sure. Mine are the Revos, very similar and I am very happy.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum