Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Floor Console

My Sierra 2500HD has the middle bench in front which can be folded down to a console. However, our dogs must sit in front with us so we end up not using the console.

There is plenty of room on the floor at the middle hump for a console there. But I have not been able to find online a decent floor console for sale. I would like a console to put drinks and small electronics in. Anyone have suggestions?

MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

Make your own console. That is what I did many years ago, had holders for two oversized, insulated mugs, something not available store bought. My new truck has bench seats also, so I will probably be making another floor console soon.

dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle1 View Post
Make your own console. That is what I did many years ago, had holders for two oversized, insulated mugs, something not available store bought. My new truck has bench seats also, so I will probably be making another floor console soon.
Thanks dayle1. I'm not very good at fabrication and most of my projects lack that 'professional look'. Saying that, I found that people have taken junked SLT models (with bucket seats) and have removed the floor console and fit it into a truck such as mine. I think I will go that route. Now to find a junkyard!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know about recent models, but the '99-'03 Ford SuperDuty pickups had optional so-called Captain's Chairs, with a floor console between the front seats. And a very few very special Lariat LE models also had Captain's Chairs for the back seats in a CrewCab, with a floor console between the back seats. So maybe go junkyard diving and try to find a floor console from one of those old Fords.

Here's a link to a classified add with lots of photos of a 2002 Lariat LE, showing both the front and rear consoles:
2002 Used Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat LE at iMotors Serving Naperville, IL, IID 8054916
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote