Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #57

Skip,
From what I know about a turbo, it does not sound like turbo lag. I understand turbo lag to be the brief period of time it takes for the turbo to start putting out pressure. It is very brief, and not at all like what you describe. Maybe someone with more experience will jump in on this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:45 AM   #58

Thanks...I will check out the deisle stop page.. I called the dealer and booked it in..(the only one i will use is 125 miles away)..The service guy is also a rv camper... He told me that the dealership notes every call from a customer and logs the complaint, so now I have complained twice about a similiar problem..If they find nothing in the test drive and let it go without fixing anything...I am on file as making the complaints,,if something happens I can rely on a history dating back to the original date..

2004 Keystone Sprinter LA 292FWRLS
Skip298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #59

One of the reasons Ford uses the varible pitch turbo is because of the lack of torque at low RPM's in the engine. By changing the pitch of the rotary vane, they are able to create more boost sooner there by giving you more power at lower RPM's.

All the rest of us have turbo's that for the most part provide 100% manifold pressure at low RPM's. For sure we don't have (yet)a turbo like you have on your Ford. We have fixed pitch blades that don't move in and out.

Most of us never have to change a turbo in normal usage.

Hope you have a good trip. See ya on the big road. Will be in at 1000 trails Orlando after Xmas.

Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 04:46 AM   #60

Threevabonds let us know what your dealer finds out. Hope you have it back asap.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:35 AM   #61

Will do.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #62

You need to go here and read this article on the Powerstroke problems. It includes the turbo issues you talk to and what ford may do if you have another problem.

Dave

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...ad.php?t=85793
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #63

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
My neighbor got a 03 F250. He got it a few months before I got my Chevy. He has only had a reflash and that was a call back. He has had no problems but he only got 15K miles and only tows a race car with the truck. When I got the Chevy he did his best to talk me into getting a Ford. In my case it was a matter of money they wanted a thousand more for the Ford and it had the 7.3. I wanted the new diesel with the new transmission. Now I am glad I got the Chevy, it has been 49K miles with no engine or transmission trouble. Next year I am going to look for a new one. Don't hink it will be a Ford nor Dodge. Chrysler Corp burnt me twice and it no going to happen a third time.
Tom
Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diandtom:
Chrysler Corp burnt me twice and it no going to happen a third time.
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure this works the same way for all manufacturers. I had owned nothing but Fords (except for some Volvos) since the 1960s. They burned me. I've only owned Dodges and Hondas/Acuras since 1996 and have been exceptionally satisfied.

My point is - this could take off into a brand war very easily. Let's be very careful to ensure that it doesn't.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #65

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Rusty,
My problem has a lot to do with a service department manager not Chrysler. I sure there are a lot of good Chrysler products out there. I just don't look at them anymore. I can do good with GM and Ford. The last was a 90 Lebaron with a bad transmission and many other things.
Tom
Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
OK. My point is, this thread was opened for the discussion of Ford 6.0L Powerstroke turbocharger issues being experienced by the initial poster, not for us non-6.0L-owners to throw rocks at Ford, GM, Dodge or anyone else, which quickly tends to degrade into heated brand wars. I'm sorry you've had problems with Chrysler products, just as I'm sorry I've had problems with Ford products - neither of which is directly germane to the topic of this thread.

Rusty
Old 12-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #67
nps

I don't know Rusty. I'll take my Dodge over brand X anyday.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #68

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Sorry Rusty I guess I did get off the thread.
Tom
Old 12-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Tom,

No problem - I just didn't want to see this slide into a heated brand war where feelings get hurt and we wind up having to lock the thread down.

Thanks for your help in getting us back on track!

Rusty
Old 12-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #70

Thought you would like an update, I received the following message from Threevagabonds on December 08, 2005
Got down to FL on the fifth. The dealer cleared the check engine light after telling us that there was nothing wrong. The light came on the second day out, and we are making an appointment with the Ford dealer in Arcadia FL. The fuel mileage is just 7 mpg and the power is down again. I have to keep my foot down on the gas in ordere to pull any hill, even small ones. Before I left PA I received paperwork from the Better Business Bureau, and that is the first step in invoking the PA Lemon Law.