Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafordguy View Post
That's a BS statement even for a Ram guy.
I really don't think it's B.S. at all. It was not meant to be a negative post in anyway.

My point was anyone that is getting into the RV/Truck market for the first time will like the idea of "Super Duty" and "PowerStroke".

I think Ford makes great trucks, I owned one a long time ago and it was a great truck. If I wanted a gasser truck it would probably be a Ford.
__________________

__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Sure, see my post above, but it only shows HD, not broken about by SRW and DRW.

So your argument is Ford sells more trucks because they're worse?
I don't argue at all that Ford sells the most trucks. They have a good reputation except for the 6.0 and 6.4 and somewhat with the new 6.7.

There is a reason the guys that own their trucks that Hotshot and RV Transport drive RAM trucks by far more than Ford. Same goes for full timers.

3500 Dually sales would be interesting to see. Personally that's all I care about.
__________________

__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
"hopefully nothing older than a 2015 unless they want it to be bought back, like to buy new front tires every few thousand miles or like the front end to shake."

The people that are eligible are getting a screaming deal!

I owned a 11 HO RAM Dually. I had ZERO problems. I did the tie rod recall did not notice a difference in the way it drove. Never had a steering problem it drove really good. The POS General tires that came on it only went 25k and had a tread separation, nothing to do with the front end. Replaced with MS2's 40K later traded truck on current RAM the tires looked great with 13 tread left easily.

The 13 and newer trucks are NOT part of the buy back.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
ford,gmc or dodge

Ok have narrowed it down to ford f250 or dodge cummins. Now the problem is if ford has trouble with the6.7 like water or something they won't cover it on the warranty. This is what I have heard. Ddge on the other hand will warranty everything. Heard this also, tell me what you think
__________________
waterboy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
justafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 399
I think both will try to get out of a warranty repair if they can.
__________________
2015 Gateway 3650BH
2005 F250 CC 4x4
justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
justafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I really don't think it's B.S. at all. It was not meant to be a negative post in anyway.

My point was anyone that is getting into the RV/Truck market for the first time will like the idea of "Super Duty" and "PowerStroke".

I think Ford makes great trucks, I owned one a long time ago and it was a great truck. If I wanted a gasser truck it would probably be a Ford.
I was just messing with you, It's all just marketing, no different than "That thang got a Hemi".
__________________
2015 Gateway 3650BH
2005 F250 CC 4x4
justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1972 View Post
Ok have narrowed it down to ford f250 or dodge cummins. Now the problem is if ford has trouble with the6.7 like water or something they won't cover it on the warranty. This is what I have heard. Ddge on the other hand will warranty everything. Heard this also, tell me what you think
Loyal ford man until Monday here.

After how many people got the shafts on the 6.0 and 6.4 power plant and ford turned and looked the other way.

My dad is retired diesel mechanic, my brother was in the diesel industry for 20 yrs and I started in the diesel industry in marine applications till I went into industrial hvac service.

I bought powerstroke cause I loved Ford. Thing is most million mile big rigs have in line motors, now they are wet liner so overhaul is in frame but I line vertice configuration will always out last and out perform a v motor

At ruck is a truck...all have issues. I bought for the motor. I bought the best in the business in this time of ever strengthening EPA regulations. Had the cummins been in ford or chevy...I would be driving it.
__________________
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
There is a reason the guys that own their trucks that Hotshot and RV Transport drive RAM trucks by far more than Ford. Same goes for full timers.
Give us some data to back up this statement. You constantly make this statement, so back it up. Nobody would be foolish enough to make this statement just because the park they are in has more of one brand than another, or because they drove down the road and saw one brand more than another that day. So, you must have saw data to confirm this. Show it to us.
__________________
2017 F-350 CC DRW King Ranch
2014 Landmark Savannah
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafordguy View Post
I was just messing with you, It's all just marketing, no different than "That thang got a Hemi".

Got it!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #38
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Loyal ford man until Monday here.

After how many people got the shafts on the 6.0 and 6.4 power plant and ford turned and looked the other way.

My dad is retired diesel mechanic, my brother was in the diesel industry for 20 yrs and I started in the diesel industry in marine applications till I went into industrial hvac service.

I bought powerstroke cause I loved Ford. Thing is most million mile big rigs have in line motors, now they are wet liner so overhaul is in frame but I line vertice configuration will always out last and out perform a v motor

At ruck is a truck...all have issues. I bought for the motor. I bought the best in the business in this time of ever strengthening EPA regulations. Had the cummins been in ford or chevy...I would be driving it.
I bought my first Cummins with a RAM 2500 4X4 wrapped around it. I fully expected the truck of fall apart around the engine. I sold the truck to my Son with 380K, still going strong.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007dura View Post
Give us some data to back up this statement. You constantly make this statement, so back it up. Nobody would be foolish enough to make this statement just because the park they are in has more of one brand than another, or because they drove down the road and saw one brand more than another that day. So, you must have saw data to confirm this. Show it to us.
All you have to do is drive up and down I-5 and take note of the RV and HotShotters.

Go to the popular weekend warrior RV parks and the opposite will be true.

Sorry no specific data other then this is something I have noticed over many years. I am not the only one who has noticed these to be true.

I am sure you know some things to be true without "DATA" to confirm what you know to be true!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,849
Maybe it's because the people that DO that hotshot job are not the brightest bulbs ?!?

And you will 'notice' what you want to notice...
ever get a new unique car and then wonder how everyone JUST went out and bought one just like yours ?!?

Having worked in statistical analysis for about 20 years a while back I can make ANY statistic lean however you want it to...

like the current unemployment rate is the lowest it's ever been...
like global warning trends....

Look at the caluclations and you will find that the numbers are 'tweaked' or the period measures is a small sample to show what is wanted... just saying !
__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Maybe it's because the people that DO that hotshot job are not the brightest bulbs ?!?

Not sure how to reply to that one.

And you will 'notice' what you want to notice...
ever get a new unique car and then wonder how everyone JUST went out and bought one just like yours ?!?

Completely understand that phenomenon.

Having worked in statistical analysis for about 20 years a while back I can make ANY statistic lean however you want it to...

Get that!

like the current unemployment rate is the lowest it's ever been...
like global warning trends....

Don't get me started on "climate change"

Look at the caluclations and you will find that the numbers are 'tweaked' or the period measures is a small sample to show what is wanted... just saying !
BTW what engine powers that little MH?
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,849
doesn't matter - not germane to the discussion at hand
__________________

__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem Towing Ford Escape Marv Nelson Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 26 09-15-2015 03:20 PM
2012 Itasca with Ford V-10 Fuse Block Question 56Nomad Class A Motorhome Discussions 5 06-11-2015 09:01 AM
97 Ford F53 V8 460 Upper/Lower Radiator Hoses 98FPA Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 49 11-07-2014 02:12 PM
Ford F-53 Suspension/Steering issues 2003 evvvvv Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 9 09-13-2014 06:32 AM
2004 Ford Explorer mmerilloverv Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 8 03-31-2014 08:48 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.