Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorfx View Post
There's a reason Ford outsells all other competitors and has for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
And why is that?
It's called marketing. Mike Roe, Super Duty, Power Stroke, EcoBoost and so on.

Most people have no clue what a fiasco Ford had with the 6.0 and 6.4. People kept buying them. I have a relative that had a 6.9 then a 7.3 both good. Then 6.0 and 6.4 nothing but trouble with both but he still bought a 6.7 no idea how that is going haven't seen him for a long time. Hopefully good.

Wonder why the F250/350 are not SAE J2807 compliant? It's because if they wanted to be they would have to reduce their "Claims".

Why should they be compliant, people just keep buying them. Same goes for having basically the same platform since 1999!

But the fact is RAM is making a impact on their sales in the HD market and Ford finally decided it was time to finally build a modern truck MY 2017 that I am sure will be SAE compliant.

Ford does make a good truck just not as good as it should be in this market.

All JMHO

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #58

They all have issues. Out here in oil country dodges just don't cut it. Good motor but the rest of the truck falls apart around it. Death wobble suspension problems , elastic band transmissions. Yes ford had issues with the 6.0 but the 6.4 is much better and the 6.7 is bulletproof. The 6.0 with a few mods is reliable as well. A lot of 6.0 still on the road today used in work environments. If I want a trailer queen I'll buy a dodge and keep it on the pavement. If I want a tried and true workhorse I'll get a ford. But I think my next truck just might be a duramax.
46 work vans ( 6.0,6.4,6.7 diesel) 18 pickups ( ecoboost) in my companies fleet. All the dodges went to auction after three years.
Just my opinion and I know I'll get flamed for this but none of them give you a truck worthy of $80,000 Canadian dollars. (F-350 platinum)

Old 09-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #59

There are more 6.0s out there then any other. If Ford would have admitted the wrong coolant was used as IH have in their Max Force diesel the 6.0 would possibly been the last good diesel.
The diesel engines are going to have a new more noisy option soon the improve the fuel mileage and then I will possibly get an other one
It's my 6.0 only for now.
It's sad that the date diesel owners are forced to operate trucks build for the light duty application market.
I saw that when I went from my tried and true 6.2L GM to the fuel hog 6.5L.
My 6.0L has been fantastic while producing great power and fuel economy.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorfx View Post
There's a reason Ford outsells all other competitors and has for many years.

It's called marketing. Mike Roe, Super Duty, Power Stroke, EcoBoost and so on.

Most people have no clue what a fiasco Ford had with the 6.0 and 6.4. People kept buying them. I have a relative that had a 6.9 then a 7.3 both good. Then 6.0 and 6.4 nothing but trouble with both but he still bought a 6.7 no idea how that is going haven't seen him for a long time. Hopefully good.

Wonder why the F250/350 are not SAE J2807 compliant? It's because if they wanted to be they would have to reduce their "Claims".

Why should they be compliant, people just keep buying them. Same goes for having basically the same platform since 1999!

But the fact is RAM is making a impact on their sales in the HD market and Ford finally decided it was time to finally build a modern truck MY 2017 that I am sure will be SAE compliant.

Ford does make a good truck just not as good as it should be in this market.

All JMHO
You keep bringing up the SAE J2807 compliant and Ford having to reduce their claims. Yet we have this test run by Pickuptrucks.com
2014 Ultimate HD Challenge: One-Ton Overview - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports with all trucks being 3.73 diesels and pulling the same weight. I would think that the Ford would have been behind the RAM since its numbers are not compliant according to J2807, you know, their claims being over stated. Yet, in the tests, the Ford beat the Ram up every hill climb pulling the same weight. Shouldn't the J2807 compliant truck have did better since it is compliant to this weight and since the Ford isn't? I know, the RAM has better braking capabilities since it is J2807. Well, according to the tests, the RAM had to use it's brakes on the hills to slow down to the prescribed speed, while the Ford was having to use it's accelerator as it had slowed down to much.

Yep, Ford had better improve this 1999 design as it is behind in this market. I sure hope Ford makes this next truck J2807 compliant so it can perform better. It is hard to believe that people keep buying Fords with performance like that.

All JMHO.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #61

I almost spewed coffee all over my keyboard when I read this lol
Good one !!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007dura View Post
You keep bringing up the SAE J2807 compliant and Ford having to reduce their claims. Yet we have this test run by Pickuptrucks.com
2014 Ultimate HD Challenge: One-Ton Overview - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports with all trucks being 3.73 diesels and pulling the same weight. I would think that the Ford would have been behind the RAM since its numbers are not compliant according to J2807, you know, their claims being over stated. Yet, in the tests, the Ford beat the Ram up every hill climb pulling the same weight. Shouldn't the J2807 compliant truck have did better since it is compliant to this weight and since the Ford isn't? I know, the RAM has better braking capabilities since it is J2807. Well, according to the tests, the RAM had to use it's brakes on the hills to slow down to the prescribed speed, while the Ford was having to use it's accelerator as it had slowed down to much.

Yep, Ford had better improve this 1999 design as it is behind in this market. I sure hope Ford makes this next truck J2807 compliant so it can perform better. It is hard to believe that people keep buying Fords with performance like that.

All JMHO.
To be compliant you have to be able to do the test over and over within a set time. It's called durability.

If Ford could comply with their own ratings they sure would.

No need for excuses they just need to step up and deliver a modern truck like GM and RAM have.

The test you quote places Ford in 3rd.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #63

Cummins12v98 - you be one Ram luvin crazy guy.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Cummins12v98 - you be one Ram luvin crazy guy.

Probably resemble that remark!
Old 09-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #65

Ford 6.7L or GM 6.6L

3 rd ? Looks to me like the Ford "smoked" the ram. Pun intended lol
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442265307.316967.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	106896
Old 09-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #66

These threads never end well...no matter the topic forum.

Is that ford that was drag racing the d max and the cummins still running?

Ford has failed to have a motor with proven longevity since 03. I don't consider bullet proofing a 6.0 longevity. The 6.4 drank to much, the new 6.7 has not been around long enough to prove to be a 300-500 thousand mile motor with out major work.

If I could have a cummins in a ford body with chevy ride I would be all over it.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #67

Do KW, Peterbuilt, Freightliner, Mack and Volvo do pissin contest drag races that prove nothing as well.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Do KW, Peterbuilt, Freightliner, Mack and Volvo do pissin contest drag races that prove nothing as well.

All the time
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442285376.557045.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	106946

Tags
ford