Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Well, I watched that entire video, and I'm very relieved I bought a Dodge!

Read the title of the thread.
Haters are going to hate.
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Ugh...Ford owners only!!!
Welcome to the internet.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #31

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I watched the whole video and am still glad I didn't buy a Dodge.

Ram pickup leads group of Most Dangerous Cars In America
That article is from 2012, and since I didn't buy the truck to get in a crash, my full coverage insurance is paid up, and I drive at least a little better than the majority of other vehicle operators out there, crash safety is not forefront in my mind. I don't want to be in any vehicle in a really serious crash, period. Any vehicle can be dangerous in the hands of the unskilled or otherwise more dangerous driver. I drive defensively, especially when it seems like very few others do.

Any modern die$el will be expen$ive to fix. That's not news to anyone with their eyes open on these things.

I'm not a Ford hater. I've owned two in my "short" life that have been really great and reliable vehicles. I did a lot of research before buying this one. My analysis of what the guy in the video says is no one should be buying that product, no matter whose badge is on it. That guy can't stop talking about how the thing has so many built in problems and the throw away engines and $5,000 parts that need him and his "bulletproofing" to even get more than 100-150K miles. I researched trucks for three months before buying, and I didn't run across anything like that for the Ram-Cummins combo except for a bunch of emissions systems haters telling everyone to "delete that BS" and "be careful which transmission you get.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on brand loyalty. Stick right where you're at if it works for you. That doesn't affect me at all.

So I'll let you folks alone to commiserate in your special little "Ford only!!1!" thread on the Interwebz now. If someone can drag up a youtube video of how terrible the Cummins engine is and how it's built to fail without a particular brand of "bulletproofing", that would also be mildly entertaining/and or informative. After all, I'm not a hater, at least by the examples I've seen.

If you believe I've violated the rules of the forum, use the report button. I might be opinionated, and I'm not afraid to have my opinions and beliefs challenged or changed, but I don't believe I've violated any rules of the forum.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #32

only thing wrong with the Cummings is, it's got a Dodge wrapped around it . . .
shane772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #33

1bigmess - just wish you could read. Like read the freakin title!!!
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #34

You're know what they say about a Dodge... You buy the engine, they give you a free truck! At least Ford doesn't feel they have to rebrand their truck div to shed a bad rap.
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #35

It's not dodge anymore it's fiat/ Chrysler.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #36

Evergreen Owners Club
doorfx, you can change the name all you want. It still looks like a Dodge, acts like a Dodge and sounds like a Dodge...................
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #37

Lol you are so right !!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I have a 215 f350. absolutely love the heck out of this truck. I actually pulled one of my tri axel dump trucks out of the mud with it a few months ago. didn't really think it would but it did. when u put it in 4weel all four tire will pull. truck is a beast on the out side and a beauty on the inside.

but all that aside I have had the shudder problem happen a couple of times lately. happens when I'm in a 45 zone barely on the throttle and then when I get to the 60 zone and give it a little more throttle it shakes till I give it about 1/2 throttle then it goes away. I run a lot of trucks and you can fix a lot of problems with software up dates. sure for will fix this the same way.
DWMeatloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane772 View Post
only thing wrong with the Cummings is, it's got a Dodge wrapped around it . . .
it's spelled "CUMMINS"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:19 PM   #40

I love my 2016 F450 just like I loved my 2011 F250... Both with completely trouble free 6.7s.....towing a 9500lb trailer.
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #41

A couple of things no one has mentioned about the 6.7: there are 2 versions, one installed on the pickups and another on the chassis & cab. None of the engine upgrade or monitor components available for the trucks will work with the C&C which has a different turbo, ecu and power spec. The Ford ECU also has a recording capacity and any modification to the engine is recorded. So if you change the air cleaner. it gives a dealer with the Ford soft ware the ability to see when and which parameters changed. If they remain within spec, no problem, if not, there is a potential warranty issue. Not a certain issue but a potential one putting the claimer on the defensive.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
A couple of things no one has mentioned about the 6.7: there are 2 versions, one installed on the pickups and another on the chassis & cab. None of the engine upgrade or monitor components available for the trucks will work with the C&C which has a different turbo, ecu and power spec. The Ford ECU also has a recording capacity and any modification to the engine is recorded. So if you change the air cleaner. it gives a dealer with the Ford soft ware the ability to see when and which parameters changed. If they remain within spec, no problem, if not, there is a potential warranty issue. Not a certain issue but a potential one putting the claimer on the defensive.
Did the OP mention he was looking for a ChassisCab truck? I guess i'm not sure of the relevance of the post.
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford