Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Ford recalls

I saw a recall notice on trucktrends and thought you ford owners may want to know about it.

"Ford issued multiple recalls today affecting car, truck and SUV models from 2011 to 2016 model years. The biggest affects 2011-2012 F-150 trucks, 2012 Expedition, and Lincoln Navigator vehicles, as well as the Ford Mustang. The issue is with the output speed sensor on the transmission lead. In some cases, transmission controls could force an abrupt downshift into first gear, causing a possible lockup of the rear axle at high speeds, resulting in a loss of traction and increasing the likelihood of an accident. The recall affects Ford F-150s built from August 19, 2011, through March 9, 2012, Ford Expeditions built between August 19, 2011, through December 19, 2011, and Navigators built from August 19, 2011, through December 17, 2011."

ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #2

Thanks for the heads up! As soon as I get through pulling all the Chevys and Rams off the roads here in Oregon that have broken down I will take my old truck in so it will be back in action clearing our roads and making them safe for the new Super Duty due out soon.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Ford recalls

https://youtu.be/_f3CAnH7WIM

Hopefully they fix the frames on the new super duty
Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

I don't know anyone with a new Ford, but will pass this along as needed.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
https://youtu.be/_f3CAnH7WIM

Hopefully they fix the frames on the new super duty
When I saw that video some time ago I was shocked at had badly the Ford frame twisted. With the new frame 1 1/2" taller and fully boxed full length and 97% high strength steel the problem should be solved. Ford says new frame is 24 times stronger. I believe it will be. These and many other changes are why I'm waiting for the 2017 to come out.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
I don't know anyone with a new Ford, but will pass this along as needed.
You've got to get out more. Ford sells more trucks both light and heavy duty than any other manufacturer so they are out there. Wait until the new Super Duty comes out and you will see more than ever. Super surely describes the redesign.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
You've got to get out more. Ford sells more trucks both light and heavy duty than any other manufacturer so they are out there. Wait until the new Super Duty comes out and you will see more than ever. Super surely describes the redesign.

They sell more because they discount there trucks so badly to get sales not because the are good in anyway.

They also give lots of trucks away to tv shows. And then people get the impression that they are good vehicles because tv personality drive them.

GM and dodge have there issues also but don't just drop there pants to make a sale to look good.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #8

Few parts available to fix the aluminum body in the new F150's. Have a friend, 2016 F150 that was hit in left rear corner of the bed near the end of January. They ordered a bed and tail gate the first week of February, and it came in the last week of April. Ford needs to get on the stick and build a parts inventory. BTW, I own a 2016 Super Duty.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
They sell more because they discount there trucks so badly to get sales not because the are good in anyway.

They also give lots of trucks away to tv shows. And then people get the impression that they are good vehicles because tv personality drive them.

GM and dodge have there issues also but don't just drop there pants to make a sale to look good.
You've got to be either kidding or uninformed.
Ram has the heaviest discounts of any truck maker. The largest dealer in Portland has a bunch of Rams with 8 to 10 grand off as normal princing. Chevy has been cutting prices to try to gain market share.
Ford has withheld large discounts on their new 150 and it has paid off on their bottom line.
Check the profit and loss figures from the big 3 and it will open your eyes.
Try to deal with facts and you will see the full picture.
Ford is #1 not because some TV personality drives one but because they are a truck that appeals to more people and has a proven record.
Is Ram or Chevy #1 for the last 39 years. No. Ask yourself why not. They don't have the track record of Ford.
I have had a 150 and a Tundra. I still have a 36 Ford that has a chopped top, is sectioned and channeled on the frame. 392 hemi for power with Ford 9 inch rear end. I have had this since 1966. My next truck in the fall will be a 2017 250 Super Duty. Why you ask? Because it is the most capable, best engineered and has a proven record. Over 12,000,000 mile of testing. Ford can't afford to get it wrong and you should follow the sales to see them maintain their grip on this section.
I own a construction company and we own all Fords like everyone else I know because we can't afford the other brands problems and poor resale.
Final comment. You may want to read Consumer Reports and discover which truck, all models, that they give a complete failing grade. I'll give you a hint, it's not an American company. Or Japanese company.
Wow! I sound like a Ford fanboy. I'm not, I'm just follow the leader who has the best products.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #10

Why do you guys argue over brands ? Just be hsppy with what you have and drive it ď
Old 05-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Why do you guys argue over brands ? Just be hsppy with what you have and drive it ď

Haha! Right? I want to start a Ford Vs Ram thread just to watch our resident fanboys duke it out.

I don't understand brand loyalty. If you frequently buy new vehicles, you could be missing out on something you really enjoy driving. And then there are the people that will suppress any issues they've had and tout it as the best thing ever simply because it's theirs, so it's the best. Not very helpful.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:
McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone else. That doesn't mean it's the best burger. Too me it means it's the cheapest best marketed burger.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #13

Ordered my last Ford in 1979. What a pos.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #14

Ford recalls

Quote:
You've got to be either kidding or uninformed.

Ram has the heaviest discounts of any truck maker. The largest dealer in Portland has a bunch of Rams with 8 to 10 grand off as normal princing. Chevy has been cutting prices to try to gain market share.

Ford has withheld large discounts on their new 150 and it has paid off on their bottom line.

Check the profit and loss figures from the big 3 and it will open your eyes.

Try to deal with facts and you will see the full picture.

Ford is #1 not because some TV personality drives one but because they are a truck that appeals to more people and has a proven record.

Is Ram or Chevy #1 for the last 39 years. No. Ask yourself why not. They don't have the track record of Ford.

I have had a 150 and a Tundra. I still have a 36 Ford that has a chopped top, is sectioned and channeled on the frame. 392 hemi for power with Ford 9 inch rear end. I have had this since 1966. My next truck in the fall will be a 2017 250 Super Duty. Why you ask? Because it is the most capable, best engineered and has a proven record. Over 12,000,000 mile of testing. Ford can't afford to get it wrong and you should follow the sales to see them maintain their grip on this section.

I own a construction company and we own all Fords like everyone else I know because we can't afford the other brands problems and poor resale.

Final comment. You may want to read Consumer Reports and discover which truck, all models, that they give a complete failing grade. I'll give you a hint, it's not an American company. Or Japanese company.

Wow! I sound like a Ford fanboy. I'm not, I'm just follow the leader who has the best products.

Here is a typical Ford owner with his head up his ass and can't admit that Ford is a garbage company.

And I worked at a Ford dealer through the 90s and fixed enough junk to last a life time.

And I know company's that have fleets of fords. And most tell me they bought it because the cheap price was why they did it. And most admit to spending more time in the shop but they don't mind because of warranty.

And I checked out consumer reports and the list of Ford issue was so long I stopped reading after 3hrs and still had more to go.

Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, recall