Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 244
Ford recalls

I saw a recall notice on trucktrends and thought you ford owners may want to know about it.

"Ford issued multiple recalls today affecting car, truck and SUV models from 2011 to 2016 model years. The biggest affects 2011-2012 F-150 trucks, 2012 Expedition, and Lincoln Navigator vehicles, as well as the Ford Mustang. The issue is with the output speed sensor on the transmission lead. In some cases, transmission controls could force an abrupt downshift into first gear, causing a possible lockup of the rear axle at high speeds, resulting in a loss of traction and increasing the likelihood of an accident. The recall affects Ford F-150s built from August 19, 2011, through March 9, 2012, Ford Expeditions built between August 19, 2011, through December 19, 2011, and Navigators built from August 19, 2011, through December 17, 2011."
__________________

__________________
Mr. Kim Smith, the one with a beard.
2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv Class "C"
smithsrv.blogspot.com
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,275
Thanks for the heads up! As soon as I get through pulling all the Chevys and Rams off the roads here in Oregon that have broken down I will take my old truck in so it will be back in action clearing our roads and making them safe for the new Super Duty due out soon.
__________________

__________________
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
coldfusion's Avatar
 
Jayco Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 160
Ford recalls

https://youtu.be/_f3CAnH7WIM

Hopefully they fix the frames on the new super duty
__________________
coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 1,050
I don't know anyone with a new Ford, but will pass this along as needed.
__________________
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
https://youtu.be/_f3CAnH7WIM

Hopefully they fix the frames on the new super duty
When I saw that video some time ago I was shocked at had badly the Ford frame twisted. With the new frame 1 1/2" taller and fully boxed full length and 97% high strength steel the problem should be solved. Ford says new frame is 24 times stronger. I believe it will be. These and many other changes are why I'm waiting for the 2017 to come out.
__________________
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
I don't know anyone with a new Ford, but will pass this along as needed.
You've got to get out more. Ford sells more trucks both light and heavy duty than any other manufacturer so they are out there. Wait until the new Super Duty comes out and you will see more than ever. Super surely describes the redesign.
__________________
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Fast0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Aldergrove
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
You've got to get out more. Ford sells more trucks both light and heavy duty than any other manufacturer so they are out there. Wait until the new Super Duty comes out and you will see more than ever. Super surely describes the redesign.

They sell more because they discount there trucks so badly to get sales not because the are good in anyway.

They also give lots of trucks away to tv shows. And then people get the impression that they are good vehicles because tv personality drive them.

GM and dodge have there issues also but don't just drop there pants to make a sale to look good.
__________________
2006 chevy colorado xtream.
Holiday Rambler 187qb.
Jason&Shantelle&Bella,the Weimaraner.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
bailiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 381
Few parts available to fix the aluminum body in the new F150's. Have a friend, 2016 F150 that was hit in left rear corner of the bed near the end of January. They ordered a bed and tail gate the first week of February, and it came in the last week of April. Ford needs to get on the stick and build a parts inventory. BTW, I own a 2016 Super Duty.
__________________
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
They sell more because they discount there trucks so badly to get sales not because the are good in anyway.

They also give lots of trucks away to tv shows. And then people get the impression that they are good vehicles because tv personality drive them.

GM and dodge have there issues also but don't just drop there pants to make a sale to look good.
You've got to be either kidding or uninformed.
Ram has the heaviest discounts of any truck maker. The largest dealer in Portland has a bunch of Rams with 8 to 10 grand off as normal princing. Chevy has been cutting prices to try to gain market share.
Ford has withheld large discounts on their new 150 and it has paid off on their bottom line.
Check the profit and loss figures from the big 3 and it will open your eyes.
Try to deal with facts and you will see the full picture.
Ford is #1 not because some TV personality drives one but because they are a truck that appeals to more people and has a proven record.
Is Ram or Chevy #1 for the last 39 years. No. Ask yourself why not. They don't have the track record of Ford.
I have had a 150 and a Tundra. I still have a 36 Ford that has a chopped top, is sectioned and channeled on the frame. 392 hemi for power with Ford 9 inch rear end. I have had this since 1966. My next truck in the fall will be a 2017 250 Super Duty. Why you ask? Because it is the most capable, best engineered and has a proven record. Over 12,000,000 mile of testing. Ford can't afford to get it wrong and you should follow the sales to see them maintain their grip on this section.
I own a construction company and we own all Fords like everyone else I know because we can't afford the other brands problems and poor resale.
Final comment. You may want to read Consumer Reports and discover which truck, all models, that they give a complete failing grade. I'll give you a hint, it's not an American company. Or Japanese company.
Wow! I sound like a Ford fanboy. I'm not, I'm just follow the leader who has the best products.
__________________
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
jacknife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 704
Why do you guys argue over brands ? Just be hsppy with what you have and drive it ď
__________________
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
JBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Rock Springs, Wyoming
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Why do you guys argue over brands ? Just be hsppy with what you have and drive it ď

Haha! Right? I want to start a Ford Vs Ram thread just to watch our resident fanboys duke it out.

I don't understand brand loyalty. If you frequently buy new vehicles, you could be missing out on something you really enjoy driving. And then there are the people that will suppress any issues they've had and tout it as the best thing ever simply because it's theirs, so it's the best. Not very helpful.
__________________
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CC LB Dually. Cummins, Aisin, 4X4, 4.10 gears. Max towing-28,750. Max payload-5,436. 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
JBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
You've got to get out more. Ford sells more trucks both light and heavy duty than any other manufacturer so they are out there. Wait until the new Super Duty comes out and you will see more than ever. Super surely describes the redesign.
McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone else. That doesn't mean it's the best burger. Too me it means it's the cheapest best marketed burger.
__________________
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 1,050
Ordered my last Ford in 1979. What a pos.
__________________
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Fast0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Aldergrove
Posts: 359
Ford recalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
You've got to be either kidding or uninformed.

Ram has the heaviest discounts of any truck maker. The largest dealer in Portland has a bunch of Rams with 8 to 10 grand off as normal princing. Chevy has been cutting prices to try to gain market share.

Ford has withheld large discounts on their new 150 and it has paid off on their bottom line.

Check the profit and loss figures from the big 3 and it will open your eyes.

Try to deal with facts and you will see the full picture.

Ford is #1 not because some TV personality drives one but because they are a truck that appeals to more people and has a proven record.

Is Ram or Chevy #1 for the last 39 years. No. Ask yourself why not. They don't have the track record of Ford.

I have had a 150 and a Tundra. I still have a 36 Ford that has a chopped top, is sectioned and channeled on the frame. 392 hemi for power with Ford 9 inch rear end. I have had this since 1966. My next truck in the fall will be a 2017 250 Super Duty. Why you ask? Because it is the most capable, best engineered and has a proven record. Over 12,000,000 mile of testing. Ford can't afford to get it wrong and you should follow the sales to see them maintain their grip on this section.

I own a construction company and we own all Fords like everyone else I know because we can't afford the other brands problems and poor resale.

Final comment. You may want to read Consumer Reports and discover which truck, all models, that they give a complete failing grade. I'll give you a hint, it's not an American company. Or Japanese company.

Wow! I sound like a Ford fanboy. I'm not, I'm just follow the leader who has the best products.

Here is a typical Ford owner with his head up his ass and can't admit that Ford is a garbage company.


And I worked at a Ford dealer through the 90s and fixed enough junk to last a life time.

And I know company's that have fleets of fords. And most tell me they bought it because the cheap price was why they did it. And most admit to spending more time in the shop but they don't mind because of warranty.

And I checked out consumer reports and the list of Ford issue was so long I stopped reading after 3hrs and still had more to go.
__________________

__________________
2006 chevy colorado xtream.
Holiday Rambler 187qb.
Jason&Shantelle&Bella,the Weimaraner.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford, recall



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"NORCOLD & DOMETIC RECALLS" & Service Manuals Norcold & Dometic "007" RV Systems & Appliances 75 08-11-2017 12:17 AM
Monaco Recalls walt2137 Monaco Owner's Forum 2 01-07-2009 02:23 PM
Ford Bulletins & Recalls "007" Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 4 03-21-2008 05:39 PM
Ford recalls rvgrandma National RV Owner's Forum 2 09-23-2007 08:19 PM
recalls jeepfreak Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 3 09-20-2007 07:12 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.