Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just ordered a set of Timbrens for my truck. If you want free shipping you have to type free shipping on the order form where it says coupon. I had to call to get this information. I sure hope they help.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just ordered a set of Timbrens for my truck. If you want free shipping you have to type free shipping on the order form where it says coupon. I had to call to get this information. I sure hope they help.
Tom
Old 12-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #3

O.K. Tom what is a Timbren and do I need a set ????

Tom

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0L 4.10
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
It is a rubber overload spring. My truck settles about 4 inches when the fiver is hooked to it. It suppose to be easy to install and cheaper than air bags. It also does not affect the ride with truck is empty.
Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #5

Let us know how they work for you, Tom
raygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:09 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
They should be here next week and in Jan. we are going to Miss. and Florida. After this trip I should know. The truck and trailer do fine unless the road is bad. I am hoping that this will help. I am getting a lot of cars at night wanting me to dim my allready dim lights. I don't expect it to ride like a car.
Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #7

Tom may I ask you where you got your Timbrens from that offered free Shipping?.
cpo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I got them from http://www.stengelbros.com. Sorry I forgot to tell where, just getting a little old
Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diandtom:
I got them from http://www.stengelbros.com. Sorry I forgot to tell where, just getting a little old </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I got them today that was fast service, three days. It looks like all I have to do is take the axel stop off the frame and they go there. I may put them on tomorrow, but will not know how they are until I put the fiver on it.
Tom
Old 12-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #10

Thanks Tom I was going to order them from Michigan truck Spring But the place you ordered them from has the free shipping and the same price.
cpo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I got the Timbrens on the truck today. It was not a bad job. The exhaust got in the way some on the right side. On my 2500 Chevy I did not need the spacer and I got one inch clearance between the axel and the Timbrems. I have taken the truck out of the garage yet and really won't be able to tell anything until I hook the fiver up.
Tom
Old 01-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #12

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have now used the Timbrens on a trip to Mississippi and then to Florida and back around 2400 miles. They seem to take some of the pitching out of the truck on bad roads but the ride is about the same. I am not having the flashing of headlights thinking I am on bright. The truck settles two inches instead of the four it was doing. I think they are worth what I paid for them
Tom