RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,041
GM Joins the Electric truck fray.

Thats four. GM, Ford, Rivian and Tesla.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...up/3626575002/

The Tesla unveil is tomorrow night.
__________________

radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tuffr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 6,670
I was listening to Bloomberg financial radio today. Yep, buy 2025 there are predictions that 20% of cars/trucks will be EV. Right now EV's make up only 5% of auto sales.

Also, not sure I believe it because there are Government insentives for EV's. But some people think it will be consumer driven.
__________________

tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I was listening to Bloomberg financial radio today. Yep, buy 2025 there are predictions that 20% of cars/trucks will be EV. Right now EV's make up only 5% of auto sales.

Also, not sure I believe it because there are Government insentives for EV's. But some people think it will be consumer driven.
BC set a target if 10 percent of personal vehicle sales to be EV’s by 2025 a few years back. As of November they achieved that goal this year. 5 years ahead of schedule.

I’m ok with the incentives. They spend less than 400 million a year on the EV incentives. They spend 10 ‘s of billions on incentives for the petroleum industry.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tuffr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 6,670
They were also saying the performance will be much better than a combustion engine that builds power slowly. EV's have power immediately which they were saying is a big difference with combustion engines.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
They were also saying the performance will be much better than a combustion engine that builds power slowly. EV's have power immediately which they were saying is a big difference with combustion engines.
Both our vehicles are EVís. Both have impressive performance. New EVís are even more amazing. Take a Tesla or an Eplus Leaf or a Kona for a drive. Best to leave your check book at home unless your ready to buy.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
jcussen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,490
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Both our vehicles are EVís. Both have impressive performance. New EVís are even more amazing. Take a Tesla or an Eplus Leaf or a Kona for a drive. Best to leave your check book at home unless your ready to buy.


Good advise. But my salesman said he would keep it for me for 24 hours. Guess who was back the next day with a check.
__________________
Foretravel tag axle 40 ft. 500 hp/1550 ft/lbs ism 1455 watts on the roof. 600 a/h's lithium down below.
jcussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Good advise. But my salesman said he would keep it for me for 24 hours. Guess who was back the next day with a check.
Heh heh
__________________

radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electric



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Out of the Lurk and into the Fray, Hello from AZ DesertLass New Member Check-In 4 09-19-2015 04:01 PM
Mega RV Parts Joins The iRV2 Community of Sponsors DriVer Monaco Owner's Forum 5 12-27-2009 06:59 AM
Mega RV Parts Joins The iRV2 Community of Sponsors DriVer RV Industry Press 0 12-22-2009 09:14 PM
Lichtsinn Motors Joins ROUTE 66 RV Network DriVer RV Industry Press 0 02-25-2009 09:01 AM
John and Carol join the fray Reno Curmudgeon New Member Check-In 2 04-28-2005 01:24 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×