Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
GMC Alarm Problem

Ok so tell me why when I use a key to open the drivers door the alarm the alarm sounds?

This means I can only open the door with the remote! That is insane!
Anybody know how to disable the theft alarm on a 2017 GMC Sierra?

I have checked the internet and found lots of people with the same problem but no solution.

Try running back to the toad with just a key in hand at 11:00 at night and see how many people you wake up!

My Jeep had the door controls on the key. But no not GM they want you to pack around a pocket full of keys and fobs.

I used to love GM products but man what a disappointment with the 2017 Sierra.
So enough with the rant ( thanks for listening)

Now any Ideas??
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #2

I think my truck is the same way. I say I think because I've only used the key once but when I did the alarm sounded and wouldn't quit until the fob was used. I surmised the key is a simple mechanical link to the door lock and doesn't communicate with the alarm to cancel it. Maybe the inside electric door lock button would cancel it? Don't know.

You could talk to your dealer and see if they can flash the BCM or don't use the key, just the fob.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #3

Put the key in the ignition and turn it on and it will go off. No idea why they do that but i worked at a Chevy dlr for awhile and whenever opening one up thats what needed to be done.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:38 AM   #4

My 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee was the same way... You have to use the key fob... I haven't tried it, but I imagine my 15 Silverado is the same.... grrrrr
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #5

The vehicle alarm system will not
arm if the doors are locked with
the key.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #6

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for the replies.
Seems i am not the only one frustrated with this.

GM should be shot with a bucket of their own $%^^%$ for engineering such crap. I give them a total failure just because of this!

When the wife and I go shopping we now have to carry 2 complete sets of keys. Before we would split one set and go on our way. Not now with what the idiots have designed.
Oh did I mention GM sucks!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote