Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

I'd prefer to post this in a Grand Design owners thread, but there ain't one...

So I think this is the next best place.

I'm thinking about buying a 2600RB but am concerned about the ability to manage tongue weight. All of the storage for the unit is up front - pass thru, under bed, etc. Kitchen is in the middle, so food and such will be right over the axle. Note that this unit is a rear bath, so the black tank is in back and the unit has 2 grey tanks. Not sure exactly where the FW tank is.
Did GD design these to be tongue light to allow for stuff in storage? I suspect that is one reason they put 20lb propane tanks onboard.
So, if you own one of these, what are you running for tongue weight. What have you done, if anything if you are want to reduce TW?
My other finalist trailer is a Rockwood Ultra V. This has more limited storage but that storage is aft of the axles and has 30lb propane, so I could lower tongue weight by swapping to 20lb tanks, so I have options to work with.
SailorSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 04:29 AM   #2

There is a Grand Design Owners forum separate from IRV2 if you do a quick search with a section for the Imagine line. Someone over there might have the answer about that trailer if no one here has the answer.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #3

I know about the Grand Design owner forum. I registered but can't post on the site. I read somewhere that there may be a fee to be able to post, but I haven't seen that spot.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:37 AM   #4

You do not have to pay a fee to post notes, only to look at / post pictures. I am not sure the link over there to pay, found it..

.Select 'Settings' from the header (in white font) at the top right of the page, then 'Paid Subscriptions' from the column on the left and follow the instructions.

I haven't heard of any issues recently. It requires Chris the Admin to switch your status when payment is received but that usually isn't delayed. You do not need a paypal account to pay by that method.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #5

Even if you can't look at the pics, you can still read about all the different problems that other owners are having. You can also ask about what the most common problems are. So you can read and post on the site without paying.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #6

Finally got on the GD forum. Apparently their server is having problems with Microsoft domained e-mail. All of the Microsoft domains are bouncing the verification instruction emails. I'll see if I get an answer over there. Doesn't seem to have a lot of activity.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:37 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Am looking for the Grand Design (Imagine, if possible) Owners Forum.. Can anyone share a link w/ me? Thank you!
Dede C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:59 AM   #8

http://www.granddesignowners.com/for....php?styleid=1
W.J. Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.J. Demo View Post
Dang. W.J., you've been a member since 2008 and have only 9 posts? That's one per year. So you probably don't enjoy sitting around the campfire at RV parks and shooting the bull with other campers?
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote