RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #1

Great Deal On Sailun Tires 235/85/16 $115.79

Found a deal on Amazon for Sailun 235/85/16 for $115.79
Just go on Amazon and type Sailun 235/85/16 and its the only one that comes up.
Bought on Tuesday showed up Wednesday. The funny thing Is one of the stickers on the tire with my name and address was from Simpletire which on there web site are selling them for 186.00 per tire LOL
Hope this help someone get some great tires for a great price

Utahtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahtrapper View Post
Bought on Tuesday showed up Wednesday. The funny thing Is one of the stickers on the tire with my name and address was from Simpletire which on there web site are selling them for 186.00 per tire LOL
I really don't wanna burst your bubble but keep your expectations low. I sell this brand at my shop but it remains a 3rd tier brand or a "last resort" tire in my book. They will wear fast among other things.

2006 Lakota 29RKT
kdauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 AM   #3

Quote:

I put a set of Sailun G tires that you described on my fifth wheel about 16 months and 10k miles ago. I have been very happy so far with the tires and at the current wear they are showing, they should easily go the 5-6 years that I expect out of them. I paid $153 ea for mine from Simpletire.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdauto View Post
I really don't wanna burst your bubble but keep your expectations low. I sell this brand at my shop but it remains a 3rd tier brand or a "last resort" tire in my book. They will wear fast among other things.
That's interesting because if you research the RV blogs, Sailuns are one of the highest rated tires with the fewest complaints. What tire do you recommend or sell the most?
sellis1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
disclaimer - i do not have these tires. but i am really looking at them to replace the goodyear G614's i do have. from what i read trailer tires do not wear out, they age out. the sailuns have a greater load capacity for the same sizee. i do not read about failures or blow outs on either the goodyears or the sailuns.

i know that sailun makes many sizes and types of tires. the wear out comment may well be valid and useful when talking about driven tires. but does it apply to trailer tires?
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchick View Post
disclaimer - i do not have these tires. but i am really looking at them to replace the goodyear G614's i do have. from what i read trailer tires do not wear out, they age out. the sailuns have a greater load capacity for the same sizee. i do not read about failures or blow outs on either the goodyears or the sailuns.

i know that sailun makes many sizes and types of tires. the wear out comment may well be valid and useful when talking about driven tires. but does it apply to trailer tires?

As Full Timers, we put on 10k miles a year and the trailer tires will be worn out before they age out in our case. As a Hot Shot driver and I would go through a set of trailer tires each year, ave 70k miles. Not all trailer tires age out!
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
That's interesting because if you research the RV blogs, Sailuns are one of the highest rated tires with the fewest complaints. What tire do you recommend or sell the most?
I will admit I have not installed Sailun on an RV. I have sold hundreds for vehicles and some light trucks. All models tend to wear fast no matter the speed rating. For tow vehicles, many are quite noisy compared to better offerings. This matters little on a trailer though. I can say I rarely have quality issues other than some belts shifting when the tire is 2/3 worn out anyway.

On trailers I still opt for Goodyear. Marathons are generally a safe bet and no issues on our CHINESE made Marathons from 2015 yet (knock on wood). They have a newer model which is supposed to be superior.

Michelin makes decent tires most of the time if they don't dry rot in 3 years. I cannot support the company though after they gave us resellers the shaft many years ago.

2006 Lakota 29RKT
Old 07-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #8

Sailuns are the recommended tire over on the Montana Forum.
I have had 2 delaminations and 1 blowout on the Goodyear G614's in 3 years.
The last 1 was a week ago Monday stopped at Les Schwab in Rexburg Idaho had them put Sailun 235/85/16 there. Paid 262.00 per tire mounted balanced. Yes that part was painful.
But the next 300 miles were the Smoothest riding, Straighest tracking miles i have ever driven. Got home started searching for a spare and found the Amazon Deal, almost cried but ordered my spare showed up the next day with a Simpletire sticker and a build date of 1419
$125.43 to my door. Wanted to pass the deal on cause I would have been real happy if someone had let me know that deal was out before I paid so much.
Travel Safe
Old 07-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #9

SimpleTire is running 10-30% off some tires currently, I get ads all the time as I bought Sailun 17.5s from them--some of the best trailer tires I ever ran. No experience with 16s, but did run their 19.5s on my '09 450 for 70k+ miles without problem.
So far, watching several rv forums over the past years, have heard of only 1 Sailun 17.5 failure.
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Sailuns are the recommended tire over on the Montana Forum.
I have had 2 delaminations and 1 blowout on the Goodyear G614's in 3 years.
The last 1 was a week ago Monday stopped at Les Schwab in Rexburg Idaho had them put Sailun 235/85/16 there. Paid 262.00 per tire mounted balanced. Yes that part was painful.
But the next 300 miles were the Smoothest riding, Straighest tracking miles i have ever driven. Got home started searching for a spare and found the Amazon Deal, almost cried but ordered my spare showed up the next day with a Simpletire sticker and a build date of 1419
$125.43 to my door. Wanted to pass the deal on cause I would have been real happy if someone had let me know that deal was out before I paid so much.
Travel Safe
I'm gonna keep an eye out for the best brands currently available and ask my wholesalers' advice. I've been reading a lot of bad on the Marathons I have and little good on any tire other than your praise of the Sailuns. I'm glad it worked out for you and hope they are better than their automotive grade tires.

Are yours load range E or G? Maybe Sailun's niche is the RV tire?

2006 Lakota 29RKT
Old 07-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
I'm gonna keep an eye out for the best brands currently available and ask my wholesalers' advice. I've been reading a lot of bad on the Marathons I have and little good on any tire other than your praise of the Sailuns. I'm glad it worked out for you and hope they are better than their automotive grade tires.

Are yours load range E or G? Maybe Sailun's niche is the RV tire?
\

Sailun 235/85/16

14 ply G rated for 4400 lbs single tire duals 3860 lbs
Old 07-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #12

Quote:
\

Sailun 235/85/16

14 ply G rated for 4400 lbs single tire duals 3860 lbs
Are these ST tires or LT tires? My 2 main tire wholesailers show zero Sailun brand ST tires.

2006 Lakota 29RKT
Old 07-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Are these ST tires or LT tires? My 2 main tire wholesalers show zero Sailun brand ST tires.
Trying to help you out here and I would find a New Wholesaler LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190717_142953.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	254158  
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Trying to help you out here and I would find a New Wholesaler LOL
Thank you for the pic. I am calling them this week for other issues and will mention it. We are very limited on ST tire brands. Lots of Chinese no name brands, off-brands like Galaxy, Carlisle (which has turned to doo-doo). Only Goodyear appears a "quality" choice. I will ask though and keep you all posted.

2006 Lakota 29RKT

Tags
tires