Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #15

If your going to spend 45k on a used truck, You can get a brand new 2014 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 diesel dually for the same price. The new 3500 Ram dually I beleive has a 4500 lb payload. When I bought me 2500 ram ctd, the dually 3500 was just a few bucks more. At the time I didn't need a drw truck. Go out and see if any dealerships have some left over duallys sitting around. You will be pleased with the Cummins powerplant, and also get the 6 speed Assian transmission with it.

Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
You will be pleased with the Cummins powerplant, and also get the 6 speed Assian transmission with it.
The Aisan automatic transmission is a coupla thousand dollar option ($2,995 MSRP) over the normal MOPAR automatic ($600 MSRP) option for with the Cummins diesel . So it's possible to build and price a Ram dually with a diesel engine but with the cheaper automatic tranny. So if you buy a new Ram diesel, you may want to include the more-expensive Aisin tranny.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #17

Jammer, Can you point me to the dealer that will sell the truck as you described for 45K. i'll go buy another Dodge now for that price!!! My 2011 megacab CTD 4x4 Larime was 47k new!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM1 View Post
Jammer, Can you point me to the dealer that will sell the truck as you described for 45K. i'll go buy another Dodge now for that price!!! My 2011 megacab CTD 4x4 Larime was 47k new!
Not sure what specific truck you would like but go to 31dodge.com and check them. They sell with all the hold back in, well below dealer cost. Cheaper than any other I have found. They have a selection of about a 1000 ram trucks right now. They list their low price on the web. They work on volume but sell many used trucks. They sell about 150 or more new trucks each month.

Chad
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #19

SDM1, when I bought mine at Santa Rosa, Ca Lithia dealership the same Tradesman model ctd 4x4 long bed was $1500 more than my 2500 in the same trim. I didn't buy it because the extra lenth of that truck, would have made it impossible for me to turn my trailer around in my driveway. Now that Im full timing It would have been nice to have that DRW.

Keep in mind that the Tradesman trim in the Ram is a no frills work truck. Thats what I could afford, and since I also carry dogs it works better for me than a super nice interier would have.

Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland