Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hensley

I am thinking of parking the trailer at our property and leaving it there all year round. My thought of doing this would be that since I am not going to be towing the trailer anymore I would remove the Hensley for storage or just sell it. They are pretty large to store. How does one go about selling such an item?
Jeff

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
I am thinking of parking the trailer at our property and leaving it there all year round. My thought of doing this would be that since I am not going to be towing the trailer anymore I would remove the Hensley for storage or just sell it. They are pretty large to store. How does one go about selling such an item?
Jeff
Your best option would be to send the complete unit to me. When I sell the hitch I will immediately send 100% of the proceeds to you. If you send me a private message I can give you a shipping address. Being the nice guy that I am I will even spring for your shipping costs. You will be out no up front money and all you need do is sit back and wait till I sell it and send you the cash. Pretty sweet deal I think.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Craigslist.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am thinking craigslist is my only option, for shipping would be way too expensive. Does anyone know if hensley buys them back?
Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #5

Craigslist. The buyer pays shipping. Shipping that hitch will be a big hassle for you since it's heavy and has lots of pieces. I would list it and wait for someone in your area to buy it. Someone may drive 100-200 miles or more to get it. Don't worry about not finding a buyer. It may only take a few days or it could take a couple months. But it will sell.

I bought a used Hensley for $950.00 and sold it for $900.00. It was close to 10 years old. I ended up driving only about 60 miles to get it. I sold it within the week after listing it. Again someone drove about 45 miles to get it. I see you're in WA so you could have anyone form WA, ID or OR interested.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #6

EBAY or send me a bank account number and $500.00 and I will take care of it. The Honorable Mrs H Jackson!! LOL
Actually, tell us what you want for it 1st. Maybe someone interested.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Craigslist. ... Someone may drive 100-200 miles or more to get it.
I found a nearly-new ProPride 1400 for $1,000, but it required a road trip of about 350 miles each way - Midland to Waco and back last Friday. 12 hours round trip with the speed limit of 75 MPH most of the way.

We're leaving on a 3,000-mile round trip dragging my 7x14 cargo trailer on Friday, but I don't have time to properly install and set up the ProPride before that trip. So one last hurrah for the Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #8

Smokey hope you have a good trip. You know the hitch is almost set up as it is. I installed it by myself in about 5 hrs. Don't know if you ever pulled one with the Pro Pride hitch but you will love it
Old 03-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I posted it on the Seattle craigslist for 1000.00. It has the 1400lb bars.