Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #1

I'm getting ready to purchase a 15K "Pro Series" 5th wheel hitch from Camping World. The price of $479.00 seems hard to beat, especially considering the price includes the rails. I understand there are some differences between the Pro Series and the standard 16K that is so popular; the Pro Series has a narrower stance and a slide bar locking mechanism. For somebody that tows short distances 6-8 times a year, is this a good hitch to buy? Thanks in advance!

Big-O Teets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #2

I'm getting ready to purchase a 15K "Pro Series" 5th wheel hitch from Camping World. The price of $479.00 seems hard to beat, especially considering the price includes the rails. I understand there are some differences between the Pro Series and the standard 16K that is so popular; the Pro Series has a narrower stance and a slide bar locking mechanism. For somebody that tows short distances 6-8 times a year, is this a good hitch to buy? Thanks in advance!

Big-O Teets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #3

Before spending the money on a regular hitch, you might consider looking at the various "air-ride" hitches around, such as Trailer Saver. I'm shopping around now to switch to an air ride. Just haven't made up my mind which one to buy. If you plan to do a lot of towing you won't regret the extra money. Everyone that I have talked to that has one, says it smoothes the ride and elinates the chunking completly. I'll have one before the spring towing season starts.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
My business partner has a air ride which he loves. He states he does not even know the trailer is back there.
As far as you go, with the short trips, if I was goign to spend the money, I would buy a heavier duty hitch then you currently need like a 18k, because most will upgrade, and the trailers tend to get larger.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #5

EAsyriderhitch.com Difference as night and day. I even have one of the bumper pull air ride from them.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #6

IMHO with all the use you plan on I would go with the cheap as long as your trailer is under the hitches limit of 15K.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote