Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #29

PullRite vs. Reese elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Nonsense. The SuperGlide is automatic. The elite is manual. I would do whatever is required to mount the SuperGlide in your truck. That would be a lot less expensive than buying a new Elite slider. Plus you don't have to worry about forgetting to manually slide the slider.

The holes in the bed are filled with filler gizmos when the hitch is not installed. Nobody but you would notice a couple of extra holes with filler gizmos in them.
I appreciate the insight Smokey. I am a bit persnickety about this new truck. I am also looking for a different experience in the tow platforms. I would like to say I have the experience with a fixed and with two different slider style hitches. This way I can make an honest judgement and give a good review on the PullRite vs. Elite.
My vendor tells me they will install the Reese 30142 Fixed in the truck and this will give me the feel of the fixed hitch and when the 30144 Slide come in they will set it up for me no charge.
Pretty good service after the sale if you ask me. I have had a few people tell me I do not need the slide so this will definitely give me the opportunity to see for myself.
Thanks to all the good folks who provide their input and experience on this site.
rabraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #30

new to 5th wheel'in

Been reading the post as I just bought an 06 fifth wheel and am wondering what hitch everyone is using. We went down to the RV shop and talked with the wrench man there and we are having a standard hitch put in Friday just to get it home. They have standard in stock and the slider that would fit the rails has to be ordered. I'm going to see how well I perform with the standard and if I go slider, the shop will credit me most of the cost of the standard toward the slider. I towing with a 2012 2500HD with a standard box which I guess is a short box. We just cringe at the thought of a 3200.00 hitch.
mystiknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #31

$3200 for a slider? haha That's insane. Unless it's a pullrite, they aren't that much.
Heck, a slider and rails and install isn't that much.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #32

That's why we went with the standard hitch. The guy recommended the 3,000.00 one as it is the top of the line..worry free hitch. :-)
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #33

I mean even a standard manual sliding hitch isn't that much with parts/labor.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #34

I just had a SuperGlide 16K installed for $2440 out the door including tax. This included the required capture plate for my trailers king pin. Installation cost was $300. So easy to use and well worth it. I had it installed at a hitch store. Dealer wanted $3600 and was going to use a universal capture plate and standard rails rather than the upgraded superglide rails and capture plate made specifically for my king pin.
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #35

To Slide or Not To Slide

The place I ordered the Elite 30144 from has been very apologetic over the delays in getting the hitch from Cequent. They installed a Elite 25k fixed hitch in the truck just so I could go camping. Super nice of them.
I was on guard the entire time I was pulling my 351THSS. I purposely made a few really tight manuvers just to see how close the front cap would come to the cab. I want to say that about 83-88 degrees is as tight a manuver as I could make. I got the front cap approx 1/2 inch from the cab. If I would have continued the turn, there would have been contact. Same held true backing the rig. I ran the hitch through the mill. Some really serious articulation. It is a stable platform and performed really well. I do not believe the slide is necessary under normal driving conditions.
That being said, I think I will wait for the 30144 Slide to come in. As I have heard many people on this forum say, "Its great insurance just in case you need it".
I have considered the fixed hitch and changing the pin box to a Sidewinder but the possibility of having to move multiple trailers makes me think the slider is the most versatile option for my needs.

Oh, I still have the complete PullRite SuperGlide setup for sale should anyone be interested. You can check out my listing at any Craigslist site in Texas. Austin, Dallas, etc...

Happy Trails and Hopes for a Great Camping Season!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	351THSS.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	43914  
rabraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #36

I've got the B & W can haul goose neck or fifth wheel, I also have a 3500hd standard bed (6.5) with 37'. No problems pulling or backing, hitch rated at 18,000, and takes about 10 min to remove when you need a truck. Should be able to install for about $1,200
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #37

Good idea, I would get the slider for a short box. You may never have to use it, but better to have and not need then repair truck and trailer because you did not have it.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #38

So the hitch I had installed was a valley pullmaxx 16k which cost 900. 00 all said and done, including the plug adapter. I got my trailer home and backed it in...no problem. I'll probably just go with it until I have my first issues of getting into somewhere tight. I'll just keep a close eye on the distance between. Probably won't be too long as soon as we get out in it.