Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Just to let you know, I installed my 16k slider myself, can't remember how long it took, a good hole saw and I mounted the brackets to the frame myself, it all worked fine...I used hand wrenches as well...
I'm pretty handy with tools...if there are decent instructions, I think I'll try the install myself too. I'd guess you'd have to drill holes in the bed and then in the frame. Did yours come with decent instructions and/or templates? I think I'll let someone else install the pigtail hookup tho. Me and electricity do not get along well.
PNGento is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #16

Can anyone tell me about installing the capture plate for the Pullrite Superglide...I'd think this attaches to the king pin in some way. How hard? Should it come with instructions?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Note: That's $1000 installed for just the GN part. Not the Companion.
My B&W GN cost $525USD installed by a pro. I found my B&W Companion on craigslist for $400, hardly used. Shop around for best prices on any hitch setup.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGento View Post
Can anyone tell me about installing the capture plate for the Pullrite Superglide...I'd think this attaches to the king pin in some way. How hard? Should it come with instructions?
If I remember right mine was 4 bolts. 2 in the front, 2 on the front corners. Took me more to hold it in place than bolt it in.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Download here: 20k is a 4100 series permanent 4400 series removable. first two links are (one has better diagrams then the other) installation instructions as you will see the brackets mount to existing frame holes...
http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/4426.pdf
http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/3340.pdf
http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/4100_4400_SG_OM.pdf
http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/Templates.pdf
All the Superglide pdf files are here:
PullRite has a SAFER, STRONGER, BETTER designed hitch for you
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #20

Superglide hitch voids warranty?

In trying to determine which capture plate to use on my new Voltage, I called Lippert, the maker of the pin box. They said that any installation of a capture plate voids the warranty on the pin box. I guess that means I need to find an alternate to the Pullrite SuperGlide. Damn...just more complication.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #21

Quote:
In trying to determine which capture plate to use on my new Voltage, I called Lippert, the maker of the pin box. They said that any installation of a capture plate voids the warranty on the pin box. I guess that means I need to find an alternate to the Pullrite SuperGlide. Damn...just more complication.
Which Voltage did you get?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Thousands of RV's with Lippert Pin Boxes have the Pull Rite Cature Plate installed, mine was welded on (Lippert)...my frame cracked at the area just above spring hangers and Lippert told me how to repair...welded up the cracks added a 5 X 5 inch square plate over the crack and welded it up, no problems since in a almost 100k miles...

Also cracked my 18k Lippert Hitch as well over a truly sheer bump and I welded it up also but I beefed it up with doubler plates...no problems since...Cause was I had no weight in the toy box and the Pin was so heavily loaded and actually the county repaired the sheer bump soon after (it was cause by the road sinking due to drought)

Ask Lippert if they will cover your RV and Truck Cab damage the first time you turn too sharp and damage your cab and your RV?

I ran the 16K Pull Rite w/ Capture Plate on a 16K RV for 30,000 miles...Lippert is a bunch of squirrels with teflon on their shoulders...weak and spineless like most of the companies are getting in the U.S.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #23

Just to clarify I was not using a Pull-Rite Hitch when my Pin Box cracked, NEVER had any problems what so ever with the Pull-Rite even though I was pulling at it's maximum rating or over at times...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #24

Ok...I called Dutchman after speaking to Lippert to make sure they were aware of what Lippert told me. I almost had to force them to accept that they share a stake in this problem (had to convince them that their choice in who they use for their king pin boss, was, in my case, likely going to mean me not buying a Dutchman product). Anyway, the guy agreed to look into it and did call me back. He said that Lippert apologized on behalf of their employee I spoke to who apparently misspoke. I have on record, Dutchman saying that Lippert would NOT not honor their warranty if using a SuperGlide on their king pin box. So, should anything happen, one of the other will be standing up for the warranty. Anyway, the way I understood it, the Lippert guy was broadly applying a policy regarding applying things to their boxes...BUT for other uses greatly different than what is done for a 5th wheel type arrangement...so....as Emily Latella would have said..."Nevermind" (if you are under 45, you probably have no idea what that means).
Old 07-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #25

B & W still best hitch going. I paid $ 525 to have GN/ lower half and $430 for Companion or top half less $1000 installed. Have open pickup bed when I need it, can haul 5er, goose neck or use receiver to haul any TT. Use Chevy 3500HD diesel crew cab SRW w/6.5 bed standard 18" wheels can tow just about anything on the road. I have turned my 5er almost 90 degree without making contact with cab
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Ok...I called Dutchman after speaking to Lippert to make sure they were aware of what Lippert told me. I almost had to force them to accept that they share a stake in this problem (had to convince them that their choice in who they use for their king pin boss, was, in my case, likely going to mean me not buying a Dutchman product). Anyway, the guy agreed to look into it and did call me back. He said that Lippert apologized on behalf of their employee I spoke to who apparently misspoke. I have on record, Dutchman saying that Lippert would NOT not honor their warranty if using a SuperGlide on their king pin box. So, should anything happen, one of the other will be standing up for the warranty. Anyway, the way I understood it, the Lippert guy was broadly applying a policy regarding applying things to their boxes...BUT for other uses greatly different than what is done for a 5th wheel type arrangement...so....as Emily Latella would have said..."Nevermind" (if you are under 45, you probably have no idea what that means).
And a good lawyer could easily tear down their "straw house" and make them honor the warranty...easily...one letter is all it would take...
Old 07-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #27

Reese Elite Slider

Anyone else having hard time getting their hands on the Reese Elite Slider for the Ford Factory Prep Package? I've been waiting for three weeks now. Even a rep from Reese is telling me there is a backlog of orders for the 30144 slider unit. I actually have a Pullrite Superglide I took out of my old truck. Pullrite is telling me I can use it with the factory prep but I need to add a third underbed rail and drill two more holes for the rear pucks.
My problem is I do not want to drill the holes in my new truck. I already have five holes. Seven is two too many.
I have the 18k Superglide, Super Rails, 4425 underbed mounting system and the Superglide Capture Plate on Texas Craigslist right now for $1k. Less than 5k miles on this hitch. It is like new. Any takers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	351THSS.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	42798   Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	42799  

rabraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabraz View Post
Pullrite is telling me I can use it with the factory prep but I need to add a third underbed rail and drill two more holes for the rear pucks.
My problem is I do not want to drill the holes in my new truck. I already have five holes. Seven is two too many.
Nonsense. The SuperGlide is automatic. The elite is manual. I would do whatever is required to mount the SuperGlide in your truck. That would be a lot less expensive than buying a new Elite slider. Plus you don't have to worry about forgetting to manually slide the slider.

The holes in the bed are filled with filler gizmos when the hitch is not installed. Nobody but you would notice a couple of extra holes with filler gizmos in them.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote