Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #1

Husky Centerline TS

Just to start off, don't work for them, or own stock !!!! 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, towing a 2015 Greywolf 26RL. We went thru a lot of shopping when we decided to replace or entry level HF WDH. With our budget in mine, and a little risk on a fairly new product, we decided to purchase the Husky Centerline TS (Amazon $390 ).After several trips now i have to say that "WE LOVE IT ", easy to hook up, and great sway control !!! I have a little trouble unloading the bars and removing them from the brackets, but sure thats just me not using the tool correctly. We definitely wanted to get away from any chains. Consider the Reese, Blue OX, Equalizer, all around $600.
Just posting this to help others like us, looking for a quality hitch, at a reasonable price, and does a great job. My opinion is they copied and made some improvements ( Quieter ), of the Equalizer.

Since i seem to be pushing products here !!! We also installed the Air Lift 1000 air bags on the Ram, a great improvement also !!!! No rear end squat, and took the mush out of the rear end, but does made the everyday ride a little firmer,even at minimum pressure, but i'l take the trade off !!!

Hope this helps !!! Jim & Pat

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Have you had it in any severe-sway conditions yet? Slick two-lane highway on a curve with a stiff cross wind and all of a sudden you have to swerve to miss a chug hole while meeting an oncoming 18-wheeler at 75 MPH? The old CenterLine handled those conditions as good as the Reese Strait-Line, Blue Ox or Equal-I-Zer, but it cost as much as those other really good sway-control WD hitches. The new CenterLine TS is a lot less expensive than the old reliable CenterLine, so I'm wondering what they changed to reduce the price while maintaining he effectiveness.

Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #3

All I know is it's a big improvement from what i had !!! And very happy with it !!!! Just wanted to let others on a budget, what's out there. Sure with unlimited funds there is a lot better out there, but i, and a lot others, i don't !!! If i would buy it again, dam straight i would !!!

And i hope (for Them ) others do !!!!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #4

As long as you're happy and feel safe(r). Almost anything is better than a HF / EZ-Lift WDH.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The older design of the CenterLine hitch was excellent. I don't know about the cheaper TS. There are still some of the older version available on the market, but they cost more than the TS.
http://www.amazon.com/Husky-31390-Ce.../dp/B0085II6XW