Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did my yearly test drive Fri. (I'll get paid $50 from Ford)

Well last Friday I did my yearly Ford test drive.
It pays my day at the car show. NO way could I afford to buy a new vehicle :roll: but I do think maybe Ford will listen to my opinion some since they are the ones paying for it. (there is a comment section on the test drive when you put in your info to get paid.)

I went and told the sales guy I wanted to drive one of the new 2015 (Aluminum bodied) F150s .
sales man grabbed a remote to a new one. (I saw no NO Keys at all, maybe there is one in the remote?)
and then starts showing me the new things like the lights in the bed (I do happen to think that is a good idea)
and the back doors that open about 160 degrees (I would not need a 4 door truck)
He tells me this has the new 2.7L V6 EcoBoost engine 325HP + 375TQ (HP +TQ numbers are From a sales brochure) window sticker says 18MPG City 23MPG Highway and this was a 4WD truck.
(on a 2WD truck the 2.7L engine gets 19MPG city 26MPG highway.)
The 2.7L engine is rated at Max payload of 2,250 and Max towing of 8,500.
The 3.5L EcoBoost engine is still available. it now gets 17/24MPG in a 2WD and Max payload of 3,270 and Max tow rating of 12,200lbs
there is a 3.5L V6 and 5.0L V8 NA engines available.
I told the salesman wanted to see if the lighter trucks felt different.
Indeed they do drive like a lighter truck. I was really surprised that the 2.7L engine moves the truck the way it did. The brakes look to be a larger as last year and with the lighter weight they REALLY work good. The new truck handles better as it should.
One thing they Fixed that I REALLY love is that the detents in the turn signal switch lever is back.
In one of my part time jobs I drive a 2012 F-250 that has a no detents switch and it will bug you till you are used to it.

I put my info in the website last night so I can get my $50 debit card in the mail. :wink:

I signed up for this program at a car show in Jan. I think you can still sign up online.
All they require is that your 18 years old and have valid drivers lic.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
No longer available.

lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Thanks for the update. I watch 'Fast Lane Trucks' on YouTube. It said they were also impressed with the 2.7litre eco-boost engine. I had a 2011 5.0 litre F-150. I really liked that truck but then ended up buying a 5th wheel and needed a larger truck.

YouTube 'Edmunds Sledge Hammer F-150' it will show what happens when the rear side is slammed hard with a sledge hammer. To me...very impressive with not as much damage as I was expecting. Surprised Edmunds too. They had to hit it again...
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

ford, test