RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
I need some ideas

We just bought a 2020 park model RV that is 1240. We need someone to haul it from Athens, TX to New London, NC. Just drop it at gate, no set up required. We have had a time trying to find a company to haul it for us. Anyone who may be interested....give me a quote. I can send you a pic of the park model and the details. Only serious inquiries please. I need the trip done in Jan. THANKS
__________________

2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
450Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas,OR
Posts: 3,830
Try Uship.
__________________

__________________
Don and Lorri
Resident Dummy.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Already did....no replies
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Woodbury, NJ, USA
Posts: 51
Call some camper dealers in your area and ask them. Most have a couple they work with to facilitate deliveries. Also, try vehicle transport companies.
__________________
Bob Scott, P.E. - Geotechnical Engineer, Mountains of PA
2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL
2015 RAM 3500 DRW Cummins/AISIN Laramie Longhorn
geotexZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Ok, thanks....I will.
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
tuffr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 6,948
The 12' wide is going to be your problem as that probably requires escort cars with 'Wide Load' banners.

That sounds more like a 12' single wide Mobile Home that sits in a trailer park. I know 12' wide is common on those homes.

If that is the case you need a bigger truck than most 'Hot Shot' drivers have plus the escort cars.

Maybe talk to a few mobile home parks to see if they can give you a name of a person.

Also that is 1,000 miles. When I looked at double wide mobile homes that was 24' wide (2 12' wide sections) they would deliver up to 100 miles only.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 721
A 12' wide park model will require professional movers, special permitting, etc. Not an inexpensive undertaking.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:42 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
The estimate I got was $3,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve52 View Post
A 12' wide park model will require professional movers, special permitting, etc. Not an inexpensive undertaking.
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:45 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Thanks for the response, it is actually RVIA certified. It is not a mobile home. The quotes I've gotten so far are around $3,500. It's a long haul from TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
The 12' wide is going to be your problem as that probably requires escort cars with 'Wide Load' banners.

That sounds more like a 12' single wide Mobile Home that sits in a trailer park. I know 12' wide is common on those homes.

If that is the case you need a bigger truck than most 'Hot Shot' drivers have plus the escort cars.

Maybe talk to a few mobile home parks to see if they can give you a name of a person.

Also that is 1,000 miles. When I looked at double wide mobile homes that was 24' wide (2 12' wide sections) they would deliver up to 100 miles only.
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Theunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 147
I talked to a driver once who was delivering flat concrete building panels. I asked him how wide they were and he replied 11'11". I replied " that's an odd size" and he said that since they were under 12' he only needed wide load banners (and a permit) but no escort required. So if I were you I would check and see if the trailer is actually 12' or if the manufactor rounded up for marketing reasons, could save you a substantial amount of money if an escort is not required.
__________________
2015 Montana 3100rl Legacy ---- 2005 F250 6.0
AirLift bags & Bilstein's, tows like charm! Updated to 2017 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax, tows good too!
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
winniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,695
Why wont the company you bought it from deliver it? Im sure most people that buy one don't tow it home themselves.
__________________
2000 coachmen santara 370 5.9 cummins isb
winniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
The reason why we won't let them is bc they quoted us $8,000 and that ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Why wont the company you bought it from deliver it? Im sure most people that buy one don't tow it home themselves.
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Thanks for the info. Also our height is 15'7", reckon that's higher than most park model RVs being hauled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
I talked to a driver once who was delivering flat concrete building panels. I asked him how wide they were and he replied 11'11". I replied " that's an odd size" and he said that since they were under 12' he only needed wide load banners (and a permit) but no escort required. So if I were you I would check and see if the trailer is actually 12' or if the manufactor rounded up for marketing reasons, could save you a substantial amount of money if an escort is not required.
2Southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
tuffr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 6,948
Yikes - height of 15' 7" is going to be a problem for sure. A tall 5th wheel trailer will be 13' 6". That must be a very nice park model.
__________________

tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some ideas! huntnski Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 7 01-13-2014 11:12 AM
I need some easy crock pot ideas theelliotts RV Gourmet 11 09-01-2010 11:16 AM
need some ideas for Minnesota 5ducks Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 2 08-19-2010 09:07 PM
Storage Ideas - Need some fixn2gocamp iRV2.com General Discussion 5 07-01-2009 11:20 PM
Ok, You DIY's, I Need Some Ideas! Gadget Man MH-General Discussions & Problems 14 05-05-2008 08:15 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×