Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The perfect truck has not yet been made. But when it is, it will be a Ram.
Amazing where Dodge has come from in the last 20 years..... We used to laugh at people who drove Dodges.

I don't think they'd have gotten there without the Cummins engine to get enough people to try one.

I went down the first year that the Cummins came in the Dodge to buy one knowing what a great engine it was. I psyched my self up to the idea I'm buying a Cummins engine, they're just shipping it in a Dodge crate..... I still couldn't do it.

L.C.Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #240

Winnebago Owners Club
I enjoy listening to all of the banter about brand loyalty.

In a past life I managed a road network. My obervation was that all of the businesses who worked the oilfield, forestry and construction industries primarily used Ford or Dodge for their light duty trucks.

There was one exception who used General Motors vehicles, but he owned the dealership.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #241

Gulf Streamers Club
Dodge autos also are pretty good:

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #242

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.Gray View Post
Amazing where Dodge has come from in the last 20 years..... We used to laugh at people who drove Dodges.

I don't think they'd have gotten there without the Cummins engine to get enough people to try one.

I went down the first year that the Cummins came in the Dodge to buy one knowing what a great engine it was. I psyched my self up to the idea I'm buying a Cummins engine, they're just shipping it in a Dodge crate..... I still couldn't do it.
I also watch these posts and find it "interesting" to see folks tear down their "hated" brands. My view is that no one makes a "perfect" truck, they all have their strengths/weaknesses. And they've all had some major problems over the years. And even though many years ago, I had a frame failure that caused some minor loss of control (I survived...lol) with a Power Wagon, I'd consider another one today.

Interestingly, my older brother was a HUGE Dodge fan for about 45 years, but he eventually got tired of fixing the Dodge crate that housed that Cummins. And switched to another brand, and is very happy with his new choice. He has a 2500 acre farm, so his trucks get used pretty hard pulling his toy hauler and livestock trailers.

Cheers!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #243

I measure using my eyes. The VAST majority of older trucks (12+ years) on the road are Chevrolet. Second is Ford and you seldom see an old Dodge. At least that is what my eyes tell me in Northern NY.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #244

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I sold my 03 Ram Diesel 4x4 to a buddy at work, a perfect truck. He will probably keep it for life. The 03-04 ram 2500 diesels are probably some of the most sought after trucks. I expect my 14 will be the same way.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbashaw View Post
I measure using my eyes. The VAST majority of older trucks (12+ years) on the road are Chevrolet. Second is Ford and you seldom see an old Dodge. At least that is what my eyes tell me in Northern NY.
Not a very accurate way to tell about longevity of a vehicle. Common sense tells you that whoever sold the most trucks will have the most on the road.

Coversely, go to a junkyard and look around. You're going to see more ford than others. Does that mean they are the worst? Why yes it does! LOL. No they just sold the most so more are going to wear out and break down.

Just my $.02.

Chad

Tags
scr