Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

lance trailer on ford f-350

I have 2008 Ford F-350, Dually, Long Bed Truck that is equipped with a Class V receiver hitch. I will be towing a 3-horse, slant load, trailer behind the truck and I DO NOT want to use a hitch extension. Which 2010 Lance Trailer would best meet my needs.
johns11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is the Lance a slide in or a bumper -Pull travel trailer? I would not recommend pulling a horse trailer off the hitch and then a TT behind that or the other way around.

If you are looking at lance slide in campers, and do not want a hitch extension, you will need to keep with the shorter slide in units. In addition to the weigh to of the slide in, you will have to look at the hitch weight of the trailer and the trucks GVWR and rear GAWR.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
CD

johns11
My experience pulling a trailer and hauling a slide in, if the slide in extends beyond the PU's rear bumper, the trailer jack will hit when turning. With the long bed that would be an 8 1/2' slide in.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How about selling the slant and getting one with living quarters. I have seen some that are very nice and not too long.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If you follow the link in the OP's post, you'll see that the RV he's talking about is a travel trailer, no a slide-in truck camper. I can't believe he's seriously considering pulling a horse trailer with a travel trailer behind that!
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #6

???Well, don't know. If he is going to pull a horse trailer, then he means a slide-in unit and is worried about how far past the rear of the truck bed the camper can extend before he would need an extension on the trailer hitch. The link goes to Lance TTs, but I believe he is looking at slide-ins.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Perhaps so, but the title of the OP's post says "Lance trailers." I agree that it would make more sense (and be safer) to pull a horse trailer behind a truck with a slide-in truck camper than try to pull it behind a truck pulling a travel trailer.

Maybe the OP will come back and clarify what he's REALLY talking about (but I doubt it...his first and only post was made on the 5th and it's now the 11th...doesn't appear that he's interested in the answers...perhaps he was only a "hit and run" poster...or someone who gains from advertising Lance travel trailers?)
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #8

I have a 2000 year Lance 810 that is 8 ft long and even with the long bed Ford. I have air shocks and it works great to pull the bp horse trailer behind and hooked directly to the truck. Hauling 3 1,000 pound animals is not too much. Lance quit making the 810 but I do not know what year.