Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 04:55 PM   #15

"all I am saying is this set up works as it should and performs well...all least it has for me."

"It can be a little finicky"

Not real assuring words when you have over 5K pin weight in the balance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #16

Cummins12v98.....you are such a bore going on and on about your hitch....answer the man's question don't try to sell your setup to everyone cause you think it's the best.....he did not ask about the b and w he asked about the mopar hitch and factory prep

It is really sad you can't read and comprehend people's questions..answered since you have no expirence with the curt hitch...I have never read anywhere that you have used one...don't reply to people's post just to try and sell your setup...

Mk

OP...really sorry that you had to read this I gave you an honest real world expirence reply to your question and it is sad that all some people want to do is bash one brand because they think their brand is better...I am not saying the curt/mopar hitch is better or worse than any other hitch out there just giving a real world expirence answer..

Old 06-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Cummins12v98.....you are such a bore going on and on about your hitch....answer the man's question don't try to sell your setup to everyone cause you think it's the best.....he did not ask about the b and w he asked about the mopar hitch and factory prep

It is really sad you can't read and comprehend people's questions..answered since you have no expirence with the curt hitch...I have never read anywhere that you have used one...don't reply to people's post just to try and sell your setup...

Mk

OP...really sorry that you had to read this I gave you an honest real world expirence reply to your question and it is sad that all some people want to do is bash one brand because they think their brand is better...I am not saying the curt/mopar hitch is better or worse than any other hitch out there just giving a real world expirence answer..
Funny you seem to have read a lot of my posts. I have mentioned MANY times I have hitched an inlaws CURT/RAM hitch in his 3500 RAM and you have to be just right or it's a pain to hitch. He said he wished he had the B&W like mine. His was in the truck at the time of purchase.

The OP is in the market for a new hitch. I gave him info to think about.

Curt 5er hitches ARE Made in China. They are NOT simple to hitch, you need to be just right. They have 4 bolts holding the head to the base, not sure of the rating. B&W has 8 grade 8 bolts. B&W is SIMPLE to hitch and NO question if you are hitched or not.

YES I HAVE HITCHED A CURT IN QUESTION.

Compare the two. I tow a 23K 5er. I know what hitch I would trust!!!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #18

You are just an arrogant B&W toting fanboy....who cares just answer the OP'S question don't be a salesman for B&W unless they are paying you......
Old 06-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
You are just an arrogant B&W toting fanboy....who cares just answer the OP'S question don't be a salesman for B&W unless they are paying you......
MODERATOR.............please deal with uncalled for name calling please.