Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
I love my Hydralift 5th Wheel Lift - Hydralift-USA. I can carry one streetbike or two dirtbikes. Mine was factory installed on a frame designed to take it. Check with a competent hitch shop before you hang anything on the back of a 5er. Most can't take the stress. If you bend the frame even a little you may have trouble with your slides.

Good luck!

KTM Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #16

Is their any companys out their that make swivel wheel trailers that connect to the back receiver or and receivers.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
There sure are. Here are 3 to get you started:

The ultimate single wheel trailer system.
Single Swivel Wheel Trailer
Swivel Wheel Trailers that will not Jack Knife for Motorcycles ATVs Scooters
KTM Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #18

I was just about cut of my rear bumper and weld up 2 wheel chaulks for my 1000rr when I found this thread , even though my bike weighs 455lbs with a full tank and the added steel weight would only add another 20lbs , I decided against it . I busted out my tape measure and figured out If pull the rear wheel of my bike i can fit in my 8ft bed infront of the 5th wheel and under my roof mount canoe , and be completely free of any interaction with the camper .
Old 06-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #19

After reading all of this and talking to three different people at DRV, I installed an Overbilt lift on the Mobile Suite 36TK3 last May. I'm carrying a BMW F650 CS, about 425 lbs. I added 300 lbs of gravel in storage tubs to the front of the storage bay and my blowup kayak (50 lbs) on top of the tubs. Have taken the bike from Michigan to Melbourne Beach, FL by way of WV/NC (I-77) and back by way of TN/KY (I-75). Also made a couple of trips up north in MI. Total fifth wheel weight with water, propane, gravel and all the stuff we haul (my wife does not believe there are grocery stores outside of MI) CAME TO 19,300 with pin weight of 3,600, about 18.6% of total. While a 20% ratio is considered ideal, this should be close enough. I think the air bags on the trailer do moderate the up and down shock to a certain extent. There is some chucking but I had that without the lift installed. This TrailAir pin box doesn't seem to be as good at eliminating chucking as the Demco Glide Ride I had on my prior fifth wheel. It seems to me if there were any frame distortion happening due to the M/C and lift, my slides would let me know in a hurry. I would be interested in finding the best, most cost-efficient NDT method for determining whether flexing is causing frame damage.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #20

Check out this link The ultimate motorcycle RV transportation system. I have the SWDW56 unit on my 5er. It takes the weight off the frame and is not considered a double tow in most states. Its a well built unit and if you have a large bike like me then this is what to look at.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmith View Post
Check out this link The ultimate motorcycle RV transportation system. I have the SWDW56 unit on my 5er. It takes the weight off the frame and is not considered a double tow in most states. Its a well built unit and if you have a large bike like me then this is what to look at.
Interesting concept, but...the manufacturer DOES call it a "triple tow"- at least when it's behind a class "A" with towed vehicle.
(See their "policies/disclaimers" page at: POLICIES & DISCLAIMERS)

And it looks like they won't warrant one for installation on a 5th wheel unless the 5w manufacturer signs off on the idea- did you have to go through all that?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Interesting concept, but...the manufacturer DOES call it a "triple tow"- at least when it's behind a class "A" with towed vehicle.
(See their "policies/disclaimers" page at: POLICIES & DISCLAIMERS)
2X. You are right. See my post # 27 here:

Best Way to Haul My Touring Bike