Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #1

I am completely new to fifth wheel trailering. I have purchased a 32/37 2002 Titanium and a new Dodge 2500 quad cab short bed pickup.

Can anybody offer me an opinion about PullRite Superglide hitches for short bed trucks?

How well do they perform, and are they reliable?

Would you recommend one. If not, would you offer an alternative?

Thanks.

Tim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #2

I am completely new to fifth wheel trailering. I have purchased a 32/37 2002 Titanium and a new Dodge 2500 quad cab short bed pickup.

Can anybody offer me an opinion about PullRite Superglide hitches for short bed trucks?

How well do they perform, and are they reliable?

Would you recommend one. If not, would you offer an alternative?

Thanks.

Tim

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
The Pullrite Superglide is probably the most time-tested automatic slider hitch for 5th wheel RVs. It's not cheap, but neither is repairing damage to a truck or 5th wheel due to truck-to-trailer interference.

One thing to be aware of - the installation of the Pullrite Superglide cam on the trailer's pinbox means that your 5th wheel can no longer be pulled by a truck with a standard 5th wheel hitch should the need arise.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #4

Rusty,

Thanks for the reply. This information is very useful. I did not think about not being able to pull the fifth wheel with a conventional hitch, but I have still decided to get the PullRite Superglide, in spite of this and in spite of the expense. I doubt I will ever need to pull it with another vehicle, but in the event that I do I suppose I could remove the Pullrite Superglide cam on the trailer pinbox. Again, thanks for the information.

Tim
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buddy and Beverly:
I doubt I will ever need to pull it with another vehicle, but in the event that I do I suppose I could remove the Pullrite Superglide cam on the trailer pinbox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tim,

True, if the cam is bolted on rather than welded as is the practice of some installers.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #6

The Pullrite Superglide is a great hitch and we like ours, the benefits of the automatic movement take all the worries of damage away in respect to the trailer contacting the cab with a short bed truck. You will still have to monitor the clearences at the tailgate area however when negotiating severe changes in elevations as is the case with ant fifth wheel hitch. I would caution that there may also be fairly severe clunking issues with this hitch which you might want to read about on this same site; the thread tile is 'Pulllrite Superglide Noises'. I have this problem but think I have a fix for it.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #7

The cam plate can easily be removed in lets than 5 minutes.

Mine has been flawless so far and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
I think it was about 8-9 months ago, but Pullrite added a second mounting plate option that does not require welding.

However it does not fit on all kingpins.

Demco glide ride, for instance, becuase of the moving pin, does not have the clearance for the removable pullrite mount.

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We have installed one and activley work with the pull rite company. They are a great stand up company, and you can buy a capture plate for to keep with you in case you break down and need to have it towed.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote