Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #15

well denise, fisrt i have to say that you don,t look 60 or should i say that you do 60 very good. i myself am 61 and can tell you that i like more room for comfort and a real shower and a real toilet .
the unit that you saw online from what i saw and read just may be a good sale. there may also be someone in your area that can go along and help you get it home.
there are many good people out there that are willing to help and 3000 miles is a long ways for a newbe. just saying.
the rig i saw also is big nuff to pull your truck but your truck will need a braking system in most states you will be going throuhg as well as told to you before as to getting your truck ready to be pulled.
one thing that came to mind is the fact that when we have been in colder weather, our heat system seems to run, on off on off , always. maybe the higher of the higher end rv'z may have better thicker insulated wall and etc , but as far as living in a rv, well maybe in the south. i have a nice older unit in the back yard at the other house that someone has lived where it was cold enuff for the drain pipes are wrapped with heat tape. i know that they where living in it as the telephone and cable were both hard wired. that was not installed on older (1985) units.
now i read, just last nite, on one of these threads that you can figure to spend a grand per year for each year in age. whao, if i had known that when i was starting out , i would never had started. but it is true that it will cost. the one down south has new tires and said to be road ready. well yes, it could be. but how far are they thinking.
yes figure it will cost to get it home and if you can find some one to travel/drive with and hope they are mechanicaully inclined and have basic tools.
next i would offer cash and i would offer a low ball price and see where they go. the way money is out there now, the price range of folks that would normally be looking , have just lost there home as they lost there jobs a year ago. you see, you may have a shot at buying a unit for less. but you won't know till you try.!!!!
happy rv'ing to you both.
oh, pray. that just may help you in any direction.
gregbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #16

Thank you Greg, for the compliment as well as all the info. I am finishing up school (office assistant classes) the first of June. I have a gal-friend that is wanting to by an RV but she needs a caregiver as well. Which would include little, conventional caregiving. I would be her driver, cook and just friend as we have known each other about a year now. We will both be living on a budget (who isn't) but we both have the desire to live as gypsies, or, full-timers. She doesn't need to work outside home and I plan to do temp work as we travel.

One thing I know is that she will buy a nice RV, well equipped (thank God) because we both "need" the comfort. I am guessing we would stay one place for awhile, like a month at most maybe, then move on to the next. The biggest thing will be our time together this Summer, to see if we are a good match to live in such close quarters together. She has lived in the same house as I live in now (we all rent rooms here across from the college) so we both know a little about each other's quirks. Living in an RV will be way different though so a test run or two first

I am also thinking we will start out just staying in places close to Roseburg where we both have roots. Like the Oregon Coast, Central, Eastern Oregon campgrounds, see how it goes. Then if all goes well we truly want to venture "out there". I would love to travel as much as possible in the Northern States during Summer/Fall, then head South with the rest of the SnowBirds

ttyl, and thank you again, Denise
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #17

snowbirds. i never pictured my life that way, but me and momma bear r so close to it that is sounds, uh, interresting. but travel in close quaters can put a twist in things but also there is a need of trust that takes place when you travel the world. animals, 4 legged, 2 legged, flying overhead, or those in the water, can pose trouble that it causes folks to remember why they picked their friends to begin with.
hope you 2 find what you are loking for. good luck.
gregbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
Hi Tom,

I read where the C types are easier to handle/drive but I was wondering about towing a small truck with one? Do you know? My truck is around 3000 unloaded and we would not be putting anything in it.

Thank you much for your post, denise
We towed a '95 Honda Odyssey on a dolly with a '97 29' Type C MH with no trouble. The MH had the 460 Ford and wasn't terribly heavy. It did just fine EXCEPT for the 10% grade east out of Jackson Hole. Top speed was about 25 mph for about 10 miles up, then 10% down for about 10 miles. Burned the brakes out on the dolly too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled