Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #29
pain to drive? I would disagree. I went from a half ton to a 3/4 and it's certainly not a pain to drive. The Ram 2500 uses coils in the rear instead of leafs so it rides nicer than other 3/4 tons. I do feel more of the road but I like the feedback. Similar to our Jeep.
It's not in anyway, shape or form a pain to drive.

2015 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins, Crew Cab
Mid 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 23DBS, w/backcountry x4 and armor options.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #30
Grand Design's listed hitch weights are less than 10%, but that increases when you fill propane tanks, battery and cargo correct? Does the propane, battery hitch & sway weight to be included in the trucks GVWR? And with the weight distribution hitch it still goes to the trucks GVWR? I have ruled out the original 32'. Now they have one that is 29'8" (2'4" shorter) and sticker weight of 5668 (352 pounds) lighter. But still think it may be too much. And the tires are P not LT.

kfields131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:07 AM   #31

Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I fear that folks saying they tow with weights over limits and don't have an issue are not helpful. Yes, you might be fine - - - - until you aren't. Then it's a little difficult wrestling things back into control and stopping safely.

TV ads show half ton (that's 1,000 pounds) trucks pulling 747s, locomotives, all sorts of huge loads. Notice the terrain is flat, dry conditions, and no traffic. Try going down a grade, up a mountain, or on the open plains with a 45 mph side wind and see if they have an issue!
What he said x10. Overloaders don't get it. It is one thing to pull your overweight rig around in ignorant bliss, but then to turn around and advise others to follow your bad habits and poor decison making skills is just irresponsible.

Have an accident and hurt someone (or worse) with an overloaded rig and a lawyer will have a field day.
2014 Raptor 300MP, 2014 Cowboy Cadillac - Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW 4.10 Rear End, Firestone Airbags, Curt Q20.
raineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #32
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Couldn't have said it better myself raineman. You won't believe how many people I see out camping and I ask them, 'Hey nice rig, what's the payload on your truck', and they say what or I have no idea. Blows the mind!

Jim & Linda Kelly
2016 Wind River 270CISW
2011 F-150 Eco-boost, Max-tow
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote

new member, tow, towing