Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Newly installed TPSM system

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or underneath RV technology reviews but here goes…

We are a professional BBQ team and have a 34' concession trailer that we use like a camper attending 20 plus weekend events per year from PA to SC and will go as far west as Kansas City this year. It's a bumper pull and tows pretty well behind our 2015 F350 diesel.

After losing two tow master tires in less than year (changed to Goodyear G614's) I wanted a TPSM to keep track in what was happening in back.

We had to go with internal sensors because of the rim design and the fact that we are always getting really close to curbs.

I am thrilled so far with the TPMS setup but there were some learning curves. First, stay away from their older style valve stem mounts. One of their resellers sent me the older style bracket types that bolt on to the valve stems and two of five valve stem seals leaked because there really is no good way to hold the valve stem while your putting on the bracket. Having said that, the other three are holding just fine. TST recommends the bands which are rock solid and cheap at under $10 which is the same bands that Ford OEM's for $44.

I was losing signal and TST said that I was at the edge of where I possibly need a repeater so they sent me a new style high-powered repeater that made an instant difference. I however, would recommend this repeater with any length trailer. It makes that much of a difference.

TST's customer service is second to none as I will admit I'm not an easy customer to deal with and if somethings going to go wrong with an installation or product it's probably going to happen to me. Our set up now includes monitoring 5 tires ( four trailer tires and a spares ) Some of which are almost 40' behind the cab of the truck. My tire started out at 100 psi this morning and 68° now, two hours into our trip they are all 115 pounds and about 115° on a warm summer day driving through DC traffic. I wish my truck monitoring system at the same capabilities but with the set up, maybe I can order five more sensors and monitor those tires as well and not have it affect the OEM system.

Kudos for a good product, great customer service and have them just a little bit of patience when installing an aftermarket product.

Riverguide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
They are the most recommended brand for big trucks.
USA Map of Travels Canada Map of Travels Picasa Photo Albums
Are we there yet? Truck 2013 F350 Black DRW CC 6.7 Diesel King Ranch
Blue74 is offline   Reply With Quote

install, led