Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #1

Non-commercial A license

Good Afternoon,

I am looking to see if anyone in the state of Maryland has taken the
Non-commercial Class a driving test and what is it involve. I have read
a few old post but couldn't find anything current. I have a DP that weighs
less then 26k but when I hook my trailer up I am over the combined weight of 26k. Been driving this setup for four years and I also thought
RV's were exempt from special licenses. I am finding out different...

Thanks in advance
Andy
acrobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Maryland state driver's manual is here:

Maryland Driver's Manual

The website has other links to information about the Class A test and RVs.

Recreational Vehicle Information

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:14 AM   #3

Thanks Bob & Donna,

I have checked out the link that you sent, I was just hoping to hear from someone
that has actually taken the test.

Andy
Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
While still in college I got a Public Passenger Chauffeur's license in Indiana. I was driving school buses and YMCA buses to help pay for school. I remember the test included things about the proper lights and safety equipment, etc. I kept that license until the 'new' CDL requirements changed the license types. I didn't have the need for a CDL, I was out of school and had a 'real' job (my Dad's words) so saw no need for the hoops you had to jump through needed for the CDL or the higher penalties for getting a ticket.

I responded to your question hoping it would kick it back up the list to get more attention. The original links I provided had some sample tests.

These links are for a CDL, much more stringent than a Class A non-commercial, but good practice and nothing like being TOO prepared.

FREE Maryland MVA CDL Practice Test 2015 | MD

Maryland MVA Practice Tests - MVA Permit Written Test - License, CDL, & Motorcycle | DMV.org

Take a Free Maryland MVA Practice Tests

http://driversprep.com/maryland/

Good luck!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #5

I agree, nothing like too much information. I will check out the links thanks again.