Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I am 63 and this is my first vehicle with leather so I feel like I hit the Loto when I get in this truck. The Longhorn interior is even nicer than my Laramie. I've had no issues with the DEF or anything else except the TPMS and that is just fine now. It's fun to see the look on peoples faces when they see the interior of this truck. The Longhorn and Limited ones are just awesome. I am going to guess you also got the High output so that would put your torque at about 865 FP's ?
Yes it will have the Aisin trans and that gets the extra HP/TQ.

Honestly my 11 LongHorn Dually has been great and I do get a big smile when I get in and drive it. But this 15 i am sure will be over the top!

Really my only concern is the rear air ride being new. But one thing about the new RAM they don't put things out until they are sure it will be okay. Fingers crossed!

Really want to hook up and compare. I have kept detailed records of every tank fill and if solo or towing.

We have die hard Ford friends that have a 2010 KR and they rode in the back of our 11 and they were impressed with the ride and leather interior. It was not just being polite!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The rear air ride should work great for you. A softer ride when empty and it will level the truck when towing. You should also have the bed cam for easy hook-up. You will get some plugs if you want to remove the bed tailgate. Lucky for me a buddy that has a 14 went with me to pick mine up so he was able to set the EVIC and the 8.4 up for me, asking me what and how I wanted it. The gauges are the best, right down to the degree. There is so much to set up, even the mirrors will do a slight adjust down when you are backing up if you want. I feared my keyless go for a while, now I love it and will always have that option. I am going to guess, again, that you will probably adjust your trailer brake system to Heavy Trailer then a 1-10 number. There is nothing in the world like a new truck.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #17

Quote:
The rear air ride should work great for you. A softer ride when empty and it will level the truck when towing. You should also have the bed cam for easy hook-up. You will get some plugs if you want to remove the bed tailgate. Lucky for me a buddy that has a 14 went with me to pick mine up so he was able to set the EVIC and the 8.4 up for me, asking me what and how I wanted it. The gauges are the best, right down to the degree. There is so much to set up, even the mirrors will do a slight adjust down when you are backing up if you want. I feared my keyless go for a while, now I love it and will always have that option. I am going to guess, again, that you will probably adjust your trailer brake system to Heavy Trailer then a 1-10 number. There is nothing in the world like a new truck.
I did order the bed cam that really will be nice.

I assume I can adjust the truck to sit level when solo and adjust it up and down when hitching???? Then when connected it will sit the truck level???

My Son convinced me to get the keyless go, it sounds good.

I don't know for a fact but I read on a LongHorn standard features list on a sales page from a dealer that as it said "|Power Folding Mirrors|" were standard.

I have disk brakes on my Mobile Suites so I will be setting it at Heavy Hydraulic and adjust from there. I am hoping the controller is as good as the MaxBrake I am using on my 11 RAM Dually!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #18

I have the keyless go on my 14 megacab 2500 4x4. It's awesome. I will not have a new one without it. We'll worth the hundred or so bucks for it.

Chad
Old 12-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
I have the keyless go on my 14 megacab 2500 4x4. It's awesome. I will not have a new one without it. We'll worth the hundred or so bucks for it.

Chad
Sounds like a great way to go. My discounted price was $128 so yea it will be worth it!
Old 12-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #20

Received a VIN# last, it's born!!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Just about to turn 300,000 on my 04 dually. Sounds like Dodge is still building a good reliable truck. There is a new one in our future, just don't know when.
Congrats on your new rig, sounds sweet!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Just about to turn 300,000 on my 04 dually. Sounds like Dodge is still building a good reliable truck. There is a new one in our future, just don't know when.
Congrats on your new rig, sounds sweet!
Thanks!

300K that's great, my 98 12V my Son has now has 380K and running strong with it tweaked to 300HP 750TQ on the Dyno.

Can't wait, it's been just over 3 weeks so 3-5 weeks to go.

My 11 LongHorn Dually has been awesome with 55K on the clock. I am confident it will make someone a great longterm rig.

Don't test drive one unless you are ready to buy one! Once you test drive they will have you hooked.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Thanks!

300K that's great, my 98 12V my Son has now has 380K and running strong with it tweaked to 300HP 750TQ on the Dyno.

Can't wait, it's been just over 3 weeks so 3-5 weeks to go.

My 11 LongHorn Dually has been awesome with 55K on the clock. I am confident it will make someone a great longterm rig.

Don't test drive one unless you are ready to buy one! Once you test drive they will have you hooked.
I did drive a 2013.5 RAM at the Cummins engine plant rally for TDR members in June of 2013. The wife was on board and she said do not get any ideas about a new truck. That is one way to kill the new truck itch!

Jim W.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I did drive a 2013.5 RAM at the Cummins engine plant rally for TDR members in June of 2013. The wife was on board and she said do not get any ideas about a new truck. That is one way to kill the new truck itch!

Jim W.
That's funny!

If you go to the TDR MayMadness Rally in Pahrump, NV I will see you there sporting a new LongHorn Dually with rear air.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #25

It's good to read about you all liking your new Ram !!! I want one so bad,,,,,, Maybe next year... Trying to get other things paid off. Afraid of actually going to drive one yet.... Will be a 2500 or 3500 SRW... Daily driver,,, but able to tow... Will be reading all your responses...
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
It's good to read about you all liking your new Ram !!! I want one so bad,,,,,, Maybe next year... Trying to get other things paid off. Afraid of actually going to drive one yet.... Will be a 2500 or 3500 SRW... Daily driver,,, but able to tow... Will be reading all your responses...
Don't drive one unless you are ready to buy!!!
Old 12-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Go check out the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum. You will find days of reading there with every possible issue the have. Lots of towing info there also.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Go check out the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum. You will find days of reading there with every possible issue the have. Lots of towing info there also.
I have been a member of the Turbo Diesel Register "TDR" since 2001 when I bought my 98 2500 4X4 CUMMINS.

I tried joining them but someone that never posts has my handle!