Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #1

Ordered a new truck!

I struck a deal and placed an order with AutoNation in Seattle on a fully loaded RAM LongHorn Dually Crew Cab Aisin 4:10's with every option including rear air ride. Actually one option I chose not to order was auto dim and auto wipers. I need something to do! They were the exact same price as Dave Smith but their trade was better even considering their tax rate is .098 compared to my local rate of .083%. I was very pleased I lost 12K from purchase price to trade in price and have 55k on the clock tax not figured in.

Have to say the guy from Dave Smith was less than responsive. Very impressed so far with Trevor Fawcett the General Sales Manager at AutoNation.

Someone is going to get a great truck when they sell my trade in. Anyone near Seattle looking for a nice Dually in my sig PM me and I can let you know when it will be available. Only thing I am leaving on the truck is the B&W gooseneck hitch. I will have PacBrake airbags with in cab controls and air compressor and air horns and MagHytec trans pan possibly rear diff cover along with a 18K companion hitch for sale. MaxBrake for sale also if the builtin controller works as well as I have heard they do.

First thing I will do with the new beast will be remove the factory tires and install a set of MS2's, Bilstien's, install my Highway products tool box and a new B&W RVK 3600 to haul a new 2015/16 Mobile Suites 38' to be ordered soon.

Also my Son ordered a Limited 3500 SRW LB 4X4 Aisin with all the options.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Nice choice. I looked around a few months back while getting my CTD's oil changed. Dang those are nice.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #3

Congrats. Those new dually diesels are a beast. Enjoy it.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
Congrats. Those new dually diesels are a beast. Enjoy it.

Chad
thanks guys!

Really looking forward to using the rear air ride and other features compared to my 11 LongHorn Dually.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
WOW!!! I am impressed. That is going to be a real head turner of a combo going down the road. I am sure you have driven them so you know about the POWER of that 6.7. It's a different world. The inside of the Ram is like the nicest BMW. If you need advice or have questions about it check out Cummins forum. Again, that 15 is really different than the 98 in many ways. Do you know what a CEL light is??? LOL.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #6

Congratulations on the new truck!!! Did you get the power towing folding mirrors? This is one of the features I am looking for on a new Ram pick-up truck.

Jim W.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The inside of the Ram is like the nicest BMW.
It's nice, but that's a bit of a stretch.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
Congratulations on the new truck!!! Did you get the power towing folding mirrors? This is one of the features I am looking for on a new Ram pick-up truck.

Jim W.
Thanks!

I don't know there was not an option so I assumed it's standard on the LongHorn????
Old 12-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
It's nice, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Well I don't think so. My son has a newer X5 with the 6 cyl Diesel and it's nice but I can honestly say the LongHorn interior I have on my current 11 Dually is much nicer!

If comparing to the Laramie leather interior I would agree.

Hey the BEEMR has no fancy stitching!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
WOW!!! I am impressed. That is going to be a real head turner of a combo going down the road. I am sure you have driven them so you know about the POWER of that 6.7. It's a different world. The inside of the Ram is like the nicest BMW. If you need advice or have questions about it check out Cummins forum. Again, that 15 is really different than the 98 in many ways. Do you know what a CEL light is??? LOL.
I have been a member on the TDR since 2001. I sold my Son last year my 98 12V with 380K and May I bought a 9812V 2wd 5sp to use to keep the 11 in good shape.

Love the current 11 LongHorn Dually but want all the extra stuff to go along with a new Mobile Suites.

Just hope the new truck will be as dependable as the 11.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #11

Well, the X5 is not exactly the "nicest" BMW. They are made in Spartanburg SC, not Munich. And yes, there is a difference.
But the new Rams are a lot nicer than my 2012, and even that is not terrible.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #12

Enjoy the DEF..... Our 14 has been in lots of shops due to that, bought it from Larson in Tacoma, first time was Anchorage, then back to Tacoma, then Phoenix last month.. Chrysler has given us an extra 5 years on the warranty, made 3 payments to our llc, put us in rental cars for 2 weeks 3 different times.... When in Anchorage this summer the dealer dislikes them enough that they won't even bring any more in until Dodge gets there head out of there rear... Not good when the def tank and/or lines freeze. That hasn't happened to us, just all the flashing dash count down. Telling us that we had 150 miles until limp mode. On the Alaska trip it counted down to zero and we still had 400 miles to go, it never hiccupped or lost a beat but the dash never quit flashing and telling us to STOP! Hope you have better luck! Great truck if the emissions stuff was up to snuff!
InfinityJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Gotta agree, they are better and more interesting than any German automobile and most from Japan.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am 63 and this is my first vehicle with leather so I feel like I hit the Loto when I get in this truck. The Longhorn interior is even nicer than my Laramie. I've had no issues with the DEF or anything else except the TPMS and that is just fine now. It's fun to see the look on peoples faces when they see the interior of this truck. The Longhorn and Limited ones are just awesome. I am going to guess you also got the High output so that would put your torque at about 865 FP's ?
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote