RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #15

Trucks selling fast, I can agree with that as my trade-in sold before in could go back and get 1 Weather Tech floormat that I forgot to take. I went back 3 days later and the truck was sold and gone.

tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #16

I usually have my negotiating done before i get to a dealer. I tell them if its in the condition i want ill pay xx$. They either will or wont at that point. Saves me alot of time. The problem im having currently with toy haulers is theyre never in the condition they advertise in and ive walked on probably 15 at this point. My wife is very unhappy at this point.

Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM   #17

When I buy, new or used, I send an e-mail to the sales managers at the local dealers I want to consider telling them what I am looking for, asking what they have that fits that bill and what their best offer is. About half the dealers ignore the e-mail, but those who answer know they are vying for attention in a pool of dealers, because they all got the same e-mail. This generally gets it down to a couple dealers to visit to see the vehicles and saves tons of time.

Once I have identified the vehicle/dealer I am interested in working with, we talk final pricing. If I have a trade, I talk the spread (new car less trade). I could not care less how they write the deal as long as the spread is what we agree on. If buying new, be sure they are giving you all possible discounts and have them show you the factory discount pages to be sure. Do your homework before leaving home and you can get a good deal and the vehicle you want.
Shutterbug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #18

Pappi tried but failed to get the dealer to budge. Again, that was odd. It is not easy to not get focused on 1 vehicle. Even my last 2 trucks I was focused and the dealer knew it. I lost a lot of negotiating leverage because I really wanted the hard to find trucks....ugh. Not the way I wanted it to go.

It is not easy to negotiate the way you should...good luck and try to stick to your guns. Again, it is not easy.

Oh, I bought a car after I walked out and was in my old car ready to drive away when the salesman knocked on the window and said we have a deal. This was after 4 hours of negotiations.

These guys are professional negotiators and almost impossible to beat.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #19

I had a sales manager take my 98 k1500 for a test drive for trade in back in about 2012. I was going to think about the deal overnight so on my way home at the first light i went to stop and the pedal hit the floor. They hadnt said a word about it. I lost it. I didnt hit anyone with the truck but i almost hit the sales manager. A different branch of the same dealer also tried telling me my credit score was 200pts lower than when i pulled it the day before.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #20

This truck is still out front of the dealership and did not sell yet. $14,321 off is a good deal and I am surprised it is not sold yet.