Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Prodigy P2 Issue

Sometimes when I start the tow vehicle my Prodigy P2 shows NC for several seconds, then flashes briefly and then displays ".". Other times it shows NC and then shows C until I apply brakes and then it shows numeric values as if the TT is attached. More brake pressure I apply the higher the number goes, returning to 0 when I stop braking. Sometimes it will be at "." while driving down the hiway and start blinking.

All of this is while I am not connected to the TT. I have unplugged the unit several times so it could reset. While removing it from the bracket for easier access to the plug pigtail I noticed just loosening the bracket screws would cause it to return to ".". Now anytime it starts blinking or continuously displays the "c" or is displaying braking pressure I can clear it by applying "manual" braking at the controller only.

Any thoughts on what to look for?

Thanks.

DRKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKM View Post
Sometimes when I start the tow vehicle my Prodigy P2 shows NC for several seconds, then flashes briefly and then displays ".". Other times it shows NC and then shows C until I apply brakes and then it shows numeric values as if the TT is attached. More brake pressure I apply the higher the number goes, returning to 0 when I stop braking. Sometimes it will be at "." while driving down the hiway and start blinking.

All of this is while I am not connected to the TT. I have unplugged the unit several times so it could reset. While removing it from the bracket for easier access to the plug pigtail I noticed just loosening the bracket screws would cause it to return to ".". Now anytime it starts blinking or continuously displays the "c" or is displaying braking pressure I can clear it by applying "manual" braking at the controller only.

Any thoughts on what to look for?

Thanks.
Here's a link to the Prodigy P2 installation manual

http://www.tekonsha.com/content/down...ion/N90885.pdf

When the tow vehicle is started the system should display "n.c." for the first 15 seconds when the trailer is disconnected. After that it should display ".." Both mean there is power to the controller, but the trailer is not connected. If you see a ".C" with the trailer connected it means the boost feature is engaged. If you see a "n.c." with the trailer connected it means the boost feature is not activated.

I believe your controller is working properly. You just need to know how to interpret the messages.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
DRKM: My P2 does the exact same thing. It seems to "act up" when there is humidity in the air. My solution is to turn the dial to "off" until I need to hook up. Then it is the "." and "n.c." normal routine. The important thing is that it functions properly when towing. I don't worry about mine anymore. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote