Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #15
OK, I did the mod.(as per my last post except that I used a 3/4" bolt rather than 7/8") and towed for the first time this past weekend; the trailer sadly burned down on the trip (another post) but I can assure you that there was absolutely no noise or jerk from the hitch----100% quiet and smooth. I would highly reccomend this modification to everyone with the super glide and the modification only took me about an hour and a half which includes primeing and painting.

rrraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #16
RRraider, sorry for your loss. I can't believe that.. sounds like its time to take action against your dealer. I read your post on the fire. It's a total loss then?? I read your post quickly.. was there not a fire extinguisher on board?? or was it too small??

I have narrowed down my noise. Even though I tighten the nylon block, the head of the hitch is rotating about the wedge block on the capture plate. Too much play in there. It's better if I keep the nylon block tight but if I stop real hard, it clunks. The lock set is at an angle when locked and I think it helps rotate the head upon stoping. Pullrite sent me a different capture plate over the weekend and thought it had tighter tolerances on the wedge block but today they said it's the same.... don;t think they understood my problem.

Good luck with the RV, hope your insurance takes care of you.. will you get the same trailer/model since you have a second chance?

Any pictures of the mod??

2006 Dutchmen Colorado 28TB

2006 2500 Dodge Megacab 5.9 Cummins, 48RE, Superglide
MrFixit454 is offline   Reply With Quote