Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #15

My wife likes having the power passanger seat also. That is, when she lets me drive it. Will your wife drive the truck?

Your Eco-Boost is not going to easy to give up. That is one powerful truck. I wish Ford would put that engine in the Super Duty since it is their most powerful engine.

Anyway, you will like the F-250. The redesigned frame and aluminum body make this truck feel rock solid.

If for some reason this deal falls thru the Ram 2500 6.4 litre Laramie was also a very nice truck.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #16

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
My wife likes having the power passanger seat also. That is, when she lets me drive it. Will your wife drive the truck?

Your Eco-Boost is not going to easy to give up. That is one powerful truck. I wish Ford would put that engine in the Super Duty since it is their most powerful engine.

Anyway, you will like the F-250. The redesigned frame and aluminum body make this truck feel rock solid.

If for some reason this deal falls thru the Ram 2500 6.4 litre Laramie was also a very nice truck.

Good luck
Well, I picked up the new truck this morning. All I can say is awesome! Here are the specs and pics to come.

2018 Ford F250 Lariat Supercrew
6.2L Gas
4x4
Ignot silver with black leather interior
mtnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #17

Congrats on the new solid F-250 truck. Now that you have it, did you know Ford says no W/D hitch needed up to 1,500 lbs.

I test drove a F-250 6.2 gas truck in 2011. That truck was heavier and the engine was weaker. I thought that truck was under powered. In 2017 the Super Duty trucks are Aluminum body making them lighter and the 6.2 litre gas engine has been tweaked to get a bit more power. Now the gas truck feels like an adequate tow vehicle.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikes View Post
I have considered this, so this is the truck I'm looking to purchase:
2018 Ford F250 with base lariat trim.
Supercrew
4x4
6.2L Gas
Payload is 3150
There ya go.....nice job! I generally always try to point out the differences in the F250 trucks to try and keep someone from making the same mistake that I made several years ago. My 2011 F250 CrewCab Diesel 4x4 shortbed XLT had a measly......2148 lbs of payload. You did good!
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #19

Forgot to mention the biggest cool thing. You probably had it in the F-150 too. I really like the key pad entry. The massive, heavy as a rock key fob can be left in the truck.

If you got the Lariate Ultimate Package you got the push button start. Even if not, you can leave the key in the truck get out and shut the door then hit simultaneously the last two buttons and the truck locks. Go do your thing, when you come back enter your entry code and enter the truck.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:39 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
... I really like the key pad entry... you can leave the key in the truck get out and shut the door then hit simultaneously the last two buttons and the truck locks. Go do your thing, when you come back enter your entry code and enter the truck.
A requirement for traveling in the desert with a dog or two in the truck during the summertime. You can not only leave the key in the truck, you can also leave the engine running with the doors locked, so the AC keeps the dog(s) comfortable while you're visiting the convenience store. But it's not new. I did that with my '99.5 SuperDuty and still do with my 2012 F-150.

For 2017 SuperDuty, the Secureicode keyless entry keypad is standard on Lariat and part of the optional XLT Premium pkg on XLT. (I don't have the order guide for 2018 SuperDuty). For 2017 and 2018 F-150, it's standard on XLT and fancier models.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #21

How does Ford keep the Patent on the key pad entry? I had it on my 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII.

Tags
cat