Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #1

Hello All,

We are upgrading our TT from a 29' to a 32' that is about 1800# heavier. Currently I have a Reese friction type anti-sway bar and it works just fine for the current TT (I actually only use it occasionally on long trips or in high wind). Since the new TT is longer and heavier I have been wondering if the Dual Cam (The HP is what I am looking at) would make a big difference. The Hensley(or Pullrite) is to expensive for me so that is not an option.

Pretty much I was wondering if the dual cam setup was a significant improvement over the old friction style or if I should just keep and use the friction type I have now.

Thanks...

'06 Nomad 3260 TT
jimcald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #2

Hello All,

We are upgrading our TT from a 29' to a 32' that is about 1800# heavier. Currently I have a Reese friction type anti-sway bar and it works just fine for the current TT (I actually only use it occasionally on long trips or in high wind). Since the new TT is longer and heavier I have been wondering if the Dual Cam (The HP is what I am looking at) would make a big difference. The Hensley(or Pullrite) is to expensive for me so that is not an option.

Pretty much I was wondering if the dual cam setup was a significant improvement over the old friction style or if I should just keep and use the friction type I have now.

Thanks...

'06 Nomad 3260 TT
Old 06-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #3

I think the results are about the same. If you don't need WD, I'd keep what you have.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:22 AM   #4

I installed the Dual Cam HP on our TT about 2 years ago. Not difficult at all. It took me about 1.5 hours, measuring everything multiple times. It is easier to hook up and really seems to do a much better job at sway control than the old friction plate.

Just follow the instructions that come with the set-up.

Snatcher
Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #5

I agree with Frank the hook up couldnt be easier. its like a WD without FC.

you just get it all adjusted at time of install after that each time you hook you just put the bars on and chain them where you always do.

Todd T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #6

Thanks for the info, I think I will go with the dual cam system. I am going to have the dealer install it as part of the package with my new camper...

'06 Nomad 3260 TT
Old 06-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #7

You will find that a properly adjusted Reese Dual Cam hitch will be a BIG improvement over the old sway brake model used on your old TT.

Mike.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #8

Well, we picked up up the new camper and what a difference with the dual cam setup. I am towing a unit that weighs 2000# more and 4 feet longer than my old unit with half the sway. I don't even realize now when trucks are passing me. I will never go back to the old friction style again...

'06 Nomad 3260 TT