Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #1

Reese High Performance or Strait-Line HD and anti-sway bars?

Hi,

I;m looking for any advice for the WD and anti-sway bars below:

High Performance Reese SC Weight Distribution System
High Performance Reese SC Weight Distribution System, 1,200 lbs TW / 12,000 lbs GTW Reese Weight Distribution 66156
or
Strait-Line Weight Distribution Hitch System
Strait-Line Weight Distribution Hitch System 1,200lbs TW / 12,000 lbs GTW Reese Weight Distribution 66074

I didn't choose the correct models for the weight of the trailer, I just put the links to show the different models. The trailer is a 26' 4600lb.

The dealer have both and said the first one (High performance) should be good enough for the trailer.
What is the difference between them, can you share your experience?
I would like to prevent the sway to happen, I heard the Strait-Line is better to prevent and the High Performance will help to reduce when the sway start to happen, is that true?

Thanks,
Marcelo
marcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I like my Dual Cam HP fine.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #3

I talked with a person on the service department where I got my new trailer.
He told me the High Performance Reese SC Weight Distribution System is good enough for the size of the trailer that I got, the Dual Cam will be an overkill and will not make any diference that will justify upgrading to the Dual Cam.

I decided to stay with the High Performance Reese SC Weight Distribution System, lets see how that will work out.

I worry about the sway that can happen if a big truck pass by on the other direction. Hope this system prevent that.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #4

Just an update...

The Reese High Performance didn't fit on the trailer. I ended up upgrading to the Strait-Line Weight Distribution Hitch System.

I did drive only 50 miles with it, so, not much to say other than this thing makes a lot of noise when turning. Hope this is normal as the bars are under heavy pressure there.

Thanks.