Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2015, 07:10 AM   #1

StrapTek

StrapTek Weight Distribution Tensioner. Been looking at this device to replace the chain system on my weight distribution system. Does anyone on the forum have or know of the value of this system? My question is how does it replace my sway control as it is advertised as doing?
EYEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEMAN View Post
StrapTek Weight Distribution Tensioner. Been looking at this device to replace the chain system on my weight distribution system. Does anyone on the forum have or know of the value of this system? My question is how does it replace my sway control as it is advertised as doing?
Not been able to get a lot of reviews on this product, so I decided to order them anyway. I'll give a report after pulling with them.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #3

I'd really be interested in what you experience. I'm a 65 year old female and it's hard for me to hook up...I manage but it's not easy. I found a YouTube video on it and it looked great...from a company called Lippert Components. I sure hope it work.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #4

I found it at Camping World for $179....I'd pay that if it really works like the video shows.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #5

Review are on Amazon and it's cheaper there. Looks like it's a go.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #6

Looks fantastic, just what a gizzer like me needs." PLEASE " let us know how you like it !!!!
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #7

With more research, even more sold on this upgrade, yes love Amazon and a Prime member, but, Etrailer has the same deal , and are a great company, they will get my business when ever possible.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #8

I just looked into it and watched the YouTube video. This looks quite a bit easier than raising the tongue and latching chains. I have integrated propane tanks with a fancy cover and the chain latching system is a pain to work with so I don't scratch up the tank cover. This would solve that problem and shorten the time it takes to hook up.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #9

I see where it is shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. We have a trip scheduled in 2 weeks so I will let all know how it does. My biggest question is how well it will function as antisway product as well as assisting the installation of the WD system. I'll leave my antisway off on the trip, but I will carry it with me, just in case. I know one thing and that is I am for any device that will eliminate me having to lift my truck off the ground. Mine was bought off Amazon.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #10

Thanks EYEMAN

Will be looking forward to your report !! Where you heading ?
Old 06-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Thanks EYEMAN

Will be looking forward to your report !! Where you heading ?
Just a short trip down I-75
Old 06-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #12

Looking to hear of your experience as well
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #13

I got the StrapTek system in and found out that a different system was sent. The picture showed the system having hooks at the end of the straps and the ones they sent had D rings. After contacting them they sent me the correct ones. I called Lippert who evidently has the patent on these and they said that the old style had the D rings. Had to do with patent infringement. I mounted the system this weekend and took it for a test ride and at this point I am impressed.
!. The ease of hooking up, with no lifting of the tow vehicle and an effortless ratcheting of the strap.
2, The ability to adjust and level after leaving my sloped drive.
3. No poping and creaking
Didn't carry it out on the interstate to where I could check out the antisway properties when that first transport truck flies by. I'll find out this weekend when we go to the RV park. I'll carry the antisway bar with me just in case. Even if I feel I need to continue using the antisway I'm pretty sure I am still going to be pleased with this system.
I'll report back on it.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:03 AM   #14

Thanks Eyeman !!!!