Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2005, 03:16 AM   #1

I am in need of a replacement mirror for our truck. It has the swing out camper mirrors as I call them I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them like the ones I have >>> Click Here <<< I can find some that are close but no cigar, the ones I keep finding clamp on to the support, where as these the support is part of the mirror head it's self as you can see from the picture. Just purchased the truck last fall and now that the pulling season is coming up quick I figured I better ask the pro's where to get a replacement.

Argve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2005, 03:16 AM   #2

I am in need of a replacement mirror for our truck. It has the swing out camper mirrors as I call them I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them like the ones I have &gt;&gt;&gt; Click Here &lt;&lt;&lt; I can find some that are close but no cigar, the ones I keep finding clamp on to the support, where as these the support is part of the mirror head it's self as you can see from the picture. Just purchased the truck last fall and now that the pulling season is coming up quick I figured I better ask the pro's where to get a replacement.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:44 AM   #3

JC Whitney has some similar mirrors, although the chrome finish tends to rust after awhile and they vibrate somewhat (I had a set). I would go to a NAPA store with that picture. I bet they can order them.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:33 AM   #4

Well just to update went to the local Napa and they can get them - ordered a replacement mirror head (Stainless Steel) for $61 plus tax should be in sometime either today or Friday.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #5

Is the '95 Dodge a 2nd gen? I can't remember. If so, the Dodge EOM swing out towing mirrors for the newer 2nd gen trucks can be installed on the older 2nd gens. I think the kit is supplied with some sheet metal stiffiners, or you may have to request them separetly. They are not power mirrors but work great.
Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #6

Yes it is a 2nd gen. Have looked at those pretty hard but just can't get over the price of doing a swap. The swing out mirrors that I have now are bolted to the side of the door which means if I yank them off I have to plug the holes and repaint the door which increases the cost to levels that I don't want to go. (I'm not planning on keeping the truck for that many years to see a good return on my money).