Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #1

Tailgate Eazy Lift

Anyone every try the Tailgate Eazy Lift from eTrailer? I have a F350 Long bed and opening and closing the tail gate was a two hand and one shoulder operation. I installed this yesterday and now I can open and close the tailgate with one hand. Best $20 I've spent (except on beer). You have to remove the tailgate and drill two holes but it wasn't too bad of a job for two people.

Tailgate EasyLift - Remove 80 Percent of the Tailgate's Weight! Hopkins Truck Bed Accessories 74211
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #2

That's a nice heads-up. Thanks. Or tell me where I can find those two people you were using...??? ;-)
"Road Ranger" (Lenny!) RCMPolice Veteran #25XXX
"Geminimajic" (Gloria!)
2012 Open Range 386FLR 5'ver towed by (TBD)
Road Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
When I first saw this product about 4-5 years ago it was selling for 69.99.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #4

My 2007 Toyota Tundra has the easy lift tailgate as standard equipment as well as easy opening. A great truck made in Texas.
H-Rambler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #5

F-150 has an EZ lift tailgate. That means at least 50% of new trucks have it. It is nice when one hand if holding a bucket, sledge hammer, kayak, etc. and you need to close the tailgate with one hand. When I am camping that seems to be the case 90% of the time.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a simple torsion spring. Why don't the manufacturers do this more.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #7

Ford has had this built in for some time now. It is inside the gate. But it does little for letting the gate down with your hands full. I have used the easy down for years now on every truck. First thing I do to a new pickup. They last forever it seems. Here is one I put on a 13 F250 this summer. Unlatch gate and let it go and it goes done slow with no banging.Also no drilling and a 15 minute install for one person. You can raise the gate with the factory helper spring easy with one hand, with or without the EZ Down. But it is the only way to let a tailgate down, just unlatch and let is fall. Easy on the cables and gate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	50032  
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Anyone every try the Tailgate Eazy Lift from eTrailer? I have a F350 Long bed and opening and closing the tail gate was a two hand and one shoulder operation. I installed this yesterday and now I can open and close the tailgate with one hand. Best $20 I've spent (except on beer). You have to remove the tailgate and drill two holes but it wasn't too bad of a job for two people.

Tailgate EasyLift - Remove 80 Percent of the Tailgate's Weight! Hopkins Truck Bed Accessories 74211
I have used the easy lift for several years. When I trade trucks I remove it and put it on the new one.. Leaves a 3/8 hole that can be seen but does not hurt the trade at all. One of the best inventions for pickups ever.
wingman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Ford has had this built in for some time now. It is inside the gate. But it does little for letting the gate down with your hands full. I have used the easy down for years now on every truck. First thing I do to a new pickup. They last forever it seems. Here is one I put on a 13 F250 this summer. Unlatch gate and let it go and it goes done slow with no banging.Also no drilling and a 15 minute install for one person. You can raise the gate with the factory helper spring easy with one hand, with or without the EZ Down. But it is the only way to let a tailgate down, just unlatch and let is fall. Easy on the cables and gate.
I got this for my Super Duty 3 trucks ago. For each new truck, I take it off and install it on the next one. Mine is about 8 or 9 years old.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck - hope yours works better than the one I got !

the deezee tailgate assist dz43203 broke within three openings...
they sent me another and it broke, they sent me a third and I never opened the package - Hmmm - may give it as a Christmas gift !!!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Good luck - hope yours works better than the one I got !

the deezee tailgate assist dz43203 broke within three openings...
they sent me another and it broke, they sent me a third and I never opened the package - Hmmm - may give it as a Christmas gift !!!
The DeeZee ones are junk and $40 plus dollars. The EazyDown brand are twice as big around and only $20 at any O'Reilys , like this one. I have the DeeZee brand on a truck or two and have never had a failure, yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	52305  
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote