Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
OCDUNE

I don't know either but my guess is that if you still have the factory tires then whatever your tire rating is, that would be the wheels also. However, if it is a steel wheel I don't think I'd worry about going up one rating. Just like mine are 65psi and going to an E rated at 80 doesn't bother me, maybe it should but it doesn't. The tires hot are up to 75 or so anyway.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #16

That is my thinking too. I think the risk of crappy d range tires coming apart is greater than a steel wheel failing with a few more PSI.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #17

Don't know if I made a mistake or not yet, but I went ahead and got the Marathons. The biggest reason was I had a brand new one as a spare and wanted 5 matched tires, and didn't want to eat the new one. I will be keeping a close eye on the Goodyears, will see how they do after an Arizona summer.

OCDUNE
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
look on the hub side of your wheel, if they are alum its stamped on one of the webs or the near the bolt hub on the non street side of the wheel
mine are 3200 lbs at 80psi

and i just found a great deal on four MIch Lt265/75r16 with a load of 3415 @80, for 753 plus four 50 dollar mail in rebates.
now i am good till i find some higher capacity wheels
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OCDUNE:
Don't know if I made a mistake or not yet, but I went ahead and got the Marathons. The biggest reason was I had a brand new one as a spare and wanted 5 matched tires, and didn't want to eat the new one. I will be keeping a close eye on the Goodyears, will see how they do after an Arizona summer.
OCDUNE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Good luck with them. I've decided to buy the Cooper ST D rated tires for mine. I've yet to find anyone that has heard any bad things about them so guess I'll pay my money and take my chances.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powerboatr:
look on the hub side of your wheel, if they are alum its stamped on one of the webs or the near the bolt hub on the non street side of the wheel
mine are 3200 lbs at 80psi

and i just found a great deal on four MIch Lt265/75r16 with a load of 3415 @80, for 753 plus four 50 dollar mail in rebates.
now i am good till i find some higher capacity wheels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you were directing this to me, if so: I tried diligently to find a rating. These are factory wheels off my 2001, there are no ratings stamped on the inside or out, I looked several times on several wheels while I had them off of the trailer. It is a moot point now though since I stuck with load range D tires.

Good luck Tom, hopefully we never find out which tire is better, that will have meant that one of us had issues.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:22 AM   #21

I had a titan tire, load range E, It blew in 60 degree weather going 62 mph and way under loaded. Running 78 lbs pressure. Six months old and looked like new.

In short, don't purchase it or them unless it is all you can get to get you home.