Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #1

Torque Pro app

Anyone running the android torque app? On several Powerstroke forums it's been talked about. Pro is the paid version I bought and waiting for the Bluetooth obd2 adapter. But it looks really neat. I just hope that with all the parameters it monitors that it won't end up being a distraction when towing or just driving. But overall I think being able to see every sensor the pcm controls will be a positive addition to maintaining my 7.3.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

I've got it for my 02 yukon xl. Works pretty well. There are a lot of parameters for the gas motor so I can only imagine what there is for a diesel. The only issue I have had is sometime it takes a little while for the adapter and phone to sync. I'm real big into getting the best mpgs I can so this can affect my avg mpg on the screen. This can be fixed though with just turning the key to run and then start the car after it syncs. It seems to be a cost effective approach to viewing all of your parameters as opposed to the scan gauge.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Use this app in my aurora gold with 8.1 chevy motor...works well...but like dcarver said it takes a few minutes to sync to phone...no biggie. I do keep my phone plugged in and charging as I go down the road. Attached is a screen shot of some of the stuff I monitor..not hooked up to rv on this screen shot.

Jim
onlakegaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

I have it and love it. I also have a 7.3 PowerStroke. It won't monitor EVERYTHING, because the 7.3 PCM isn't as advanced as others, but it monitors quite a bit. Of course, you can just use the PIDs you want, and ignore the ones you don't.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #5

I use it in my 07 LBZ. Works great with my Samsung tablet. It has helped me pick up 2mpg just by watching engine load and throttle position. My only complaint is I cannot seem to watch the transmissions perameters.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

Well good....I'm anxious to try it. But what does pid stand for. I understand there's parameters for different sensors.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, I have an OBDII adapter (2 of em in fact) that is supposed to connect to the phone or laptop via BT,, Alas, they pair, but do not connect
(Android phone)

Anyone know one that actually works, and is cheap?
Old 02-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #8

I'll let you know when I get mine. I got it off Amazon for $29. It's a BAFX something....
Old 02-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #9

Most get the BAFX
Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive

I did, worked very first time. Now, because they pair, that means they are connecting. Do you mean not connecting to the PCM?

PID is parameter identification.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #10

Yes that's what I ordered. I'm looking for a tablet mount now. I have a 10 inch HP TouchPad laying around I'll use.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #11

I use ProClip, and I love their stuff. Very good quality.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #12

PID stands for plug in documentation.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryInMaine View Post
Thanks. ...that's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out. I looked online and didn't see an answer.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfsted View Post
Thanks. ...that's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out. I looked online and didn't see an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryInMaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Most get the BAFX
Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive

I did, worked very first time. Now, because they pair, that means they are connecting. Do you mean not connecting to the PCM?

PID is parameter identification.
????

OBD-II PIDs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia